beantwoord

Cancel mobile phone subscription - wrong date

• 13 September 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 38 x bekeken

Hi there,

On Wednesday 16th August, I cancelled my Tele2 mobile subscription. I received an email confirmation from Tele2 stating “Your subscription will be terminated on September 16, 2023. Your mobile number [removed by moderator] will also expire.”

Yesterday on September 12th, I registered with my new provider as the 16th September was approaching and I wanted my number to be ported and not expire. However, I then received an email from Vodafone stating that Tele2 had informed them that my number could only be transferred to Vodafone on 16th October. 

Could you please assist? I want my number to be released/ported over on 16th September, that is why I cancelled it one month earlier on 16th August. 

Thanks,

Kelsey

icon

Beste antwoord door carbear 13 September 2023, 13:49

Bekijk origineel bericht

3 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +6

Hey that's because of number portability. Providers have mutually agreed to give 1 month's notice. So the first next opportunity is then the following month. 

But your contract with tele2 will stay active till that moment if i am right.

And please dont post your telephone number on this community, this is public. Scammers can find it.

I tried to port my number last month on 16th August. Tele2 said I could not, and that I had to cancel my subscription and wait a month. So I cancelled it, and have waited four weeks until now. Now, I am trying to get a new subscription with another provider, and you’re telling me I need to wait another month?

I cancelled my subscription and waited the required timeframe. I would like to have my number ported over this week.

I can’t seem to edit the post to remove my number...

@Kelseyjane

I can’t seem to edit the post to remove my number...   

You can only do that within one hour of the first posting

Reageer