Skip to main content

I had to leave the Netherlands in September.  I sold my apartment and left the Netherlands the same day towards the end of September.  I called Tele2 to cancel my TV and Internet service a few weeks before I left.  They told me that since I was leaving the country, that I would be allowed out of my one-year contract and that they would send me a box to return my Tele2 cable modem and TV box.

I promptly returned my Tele2 cable modem and TV box.  I got charged for the entire month of September.  I then got a small bill for a few days at the beginning of October, when Tele2 had repeatedly told me my service would end.  Fine.

Now in November, I just got another bill for November!  Tele2 is now going back on their word that my service would stop in early October and is charging me for November.

I do not live in the Netherlands anymore.  I have not had an apartment there since September.  I have not had the Tele2 equipment to receive TV or Internet since I mailed them back to Tele2 in September.

So why is Tele2 still charging me for November?

This is not right.  Tele2 needs to stick to their word and not charge me for November or for any other time in the future.  Also, it is very difficult to contact Tele2 from abroad.  I am not going to pay for an international call just to get them to stop their BS.  I tried to do a live chat.  After waiting for a human, their bot came back and said no one was available.  Terrible.

Tele2 is horrible.  (BTW, I actually liked their service when I had it.  Now I would not recommend Tele2 to anyone I still know in the Netherlands.)

Did you send the proof of moving abroad to their p.o. box? And did you take into account the one month cancellation period? That also counts if you move abroad.

I spoke with multiple Tele2 reps on the phone when I was still there, and none of them told me to send proof of moving abroad.  How would I even do that?  (I moved back to my home country so I did not need to get a visa.  I did have to cancel my BSN and hand in my residence permit back in the Netherlands.) 

Furthermore, Tele2 charged me for the first 2 days of October, after which the reps said my subscription would be cancelled.  Then Tele2 did NOT charge me for the rest of October since my account should have been closed.  Now Tele2 IS trying to charge me for November.  That makes absolutely no sense.

I cancelled on September 2.  They stopped charging me on October 2.  Then they started charging me again for November.

Here is an information page in which you can also digital upload the evidence.

Thanks a lot for your help, Eric.  I don’t know why I wasn’t aware of that page until now.  I was able to find a scan of the confirmation page the city I lived in the Netherlands gave me when I cancelled my BSN registration there.  So I uploaded that to Tele2.  Hopefully this will get straightened out.  Thanks again.

Dennis

Reageer