beantwoord

When do we expect IPv6 to be available to Tele2 internet home users

• 27 November 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 651 x bekeken

Hello

Few days ago RIPE officially announced its last IPv4 prefix assignment and since all my devices at home are IPv6 capable, I would like to start running dual-stack.

When would IPv6 be available for home users?

Thanks,

Eva

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 27 November 2019, 21:13

Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

As Tele2 stopped selling subscriptions with more bandwith than “max 20 Mb” , it is not lickely that they will invest in more development on their consumer internet access products. There are only a few operators who support this, so if you really need this, than you need to look around. Of course, the price will be higher.

Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for the swift reply.

I did check out, Tele2 seems to have a /32 allocated for The Netherlands customers.

I do have my own router, which I can connect directly to your network that supports dual-stack connection.

Would that be an option?

Most network equipment I've worked with  (I used to work in an ISP till 2013) supports IPv6 back since 2010, so at least for us back at the times it was simply a configuration matter to enable v6.

Thanks again!

Eva

2a00:804::/32

Tele2 customers in Netherlands

Reputatie 5

Hi Eva,

Do you mean you want to use your own modem/router instead of the one we provide? If so than we unfortunately don’t support that, which means we can’t provide you the configuration settings you would need for your own modem/router.

I also don’t have information regarding if or when we will provide Ipv6 addresses to our customers

Regards, Kevin