beantwoord

No service abroad (Portugal/Italy)

• 11 June 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 136 x bekeken

Hello, I'm currently in Portugal and I have no service with my mobile subscription. The same happened previously in Italy, I had to get a local SIM card. On the app, everything is set to allowed, no blocks are on. I restarted my phone also. Additionally, i can't make international calls from the Netherlands (from my dutch number to Portuguese number), I hear automatic voice saying call not allowed.
I want access for roaming/international use. Thanks in advance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Kikkenf 12 June 2023, 15:55

Bekijk origineel bericht

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey @Kikkenf, first off; welcome to our Community. Portugal sounds really good right now! There is indeed a barring for international roaming. Please send me the following information via private message: zip code + house number, date of birth, last 4 digits of your IBAN and the e-mail address that is linked to your subscription. As soon as I receive the correct information, I will remove the barrings for you and you will be back online in no time! 😄

Weather is great indeed! Sent you private message with the info.
I read there's a roaming block. Will this also solve the international calls from dutch number to foreign number (not roaming)?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hi, that sounds great! Although right now here in the Netherlands the weather is also pretty good. A little too hot for me, but I can't complain. 

Thanks for sending me the info. I removed the barring on international roaming. So you should be able to connect to our network very soon. In Portugal you can connect to the networks MEO or NOS. Let me know if it works!

There are no barrings on international calls on your account (only to fraud sensitive countries). You should be able to make calls again as well, after connecting to one of the networks above. But please let me know if this works too! 😊

For the moment I rebooted the phone and no network. Removed my portuguese SIM card, and am only using Tele2 SIM on slot 1.

If I try to manually select network, MEO/NOS show up as forbidden, and Vodafone is selected.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hi, thanks for your screenshot! That's so weird that MEO and NOS say forbidden, because you should be able to connect to both of them. What happens when you select MEO or NOS?

Do you have a 4G connection with Vodafone? Vodafone is in our list of networks in Portugal, however according to our system, it shouldn't have 4G. Please let me know, if it works than that's perfectly fine, my information was a bit outdated in that case. 

If nothing of the above works, you can always try to reset your network settings on your phone. Please note that this will erase your saved passwords. 

Please let me know! 

Thanks for sending me the info. I removed the barring on international roaming. So you should be able to connect to our network very soon. In Portugal you can connect to the networks MEO or NOS. Let me know if it works!

Hello! I didn't try the most obvious, selecting one of them. I chose NOS, and it registered fine. Show’s up as forbidden, not sure why but it works.

Same for international calls, works fine.

Thank you very much for the help!

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Haha, we were two steps ahead, but no worries. Glad to hear it's all working fine now! You're very welcome and thanks for letting me know. If you have any more questions, you know where to find me. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Portugal! 🙌🏻

Reageer