No network connection abroad

• 24 December 2020
  • 19 reacties
  • 993 x bekeken

Hi, 

Last 24 hours I don't have connection while abroad.

It never happened before, does anyone know what might be the reason? 

Kind regards 

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

19 reacties

I also have the same problem, I bought an internet abroad bundle yesterday and I can not use it

It's a bit strange, I was abroad many times without issues, now there is no connectivity for last 24 hours... 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Try to search manually for networks and select the several onces you see.

Tried already, I get the message that it is not possible to select and system reverts me to choose automatic.... 

Was there a solution for this? I also have this issue now.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Did you get a message earlier that you were going to be migrated to the new network?

If you stayed abroad for a longer time, they could not update your sim and a new one was send to your home adress.

I just left the Netherlands today. My sim is also only a month old.

But, here in Norway, it refuses to connect to any of the networks, saying ‘’your sim card does not allow a connection to this network’ when I try to select manually. 

Select automatically does not work. 

What can I do?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

If you ordered a new subscription with a new number, the roaming is barred until 2 invoices have been paid. Could that be the case?

What. That must be it. That’s the stupidest thing ever though; so I’m not getting the product set out in my contract, just because I haven’t paid the first 2 months yet? Any way I can pay the first 2 months now, and get to use roaming?

If you ordered a new subscription with a new number, the roaming is barred until 2 invoices have been paid. Could that be the case?

Also, what about calling and stuff? Can I even recieve calls while i’m abroad now?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Wait for a moderator to pickup the case. It can take some time. Make sure your forum account contains your personal information/ account number.

Ok thanks.

Wait for a moderator to pickup the case. It can take some time. Make sure your forum account contains your personal information/ account number.

I have an update Alex...  I was contacted by technical dpt. and was told that there were changes in the system and my SIM is no longer valid. They will send me another one.

To Croatia. This means that for more than a month I have no access to phone, anything related with it such as online banking, company mail (which uses phone nr.  for verification), etc. 

Major inconvenience and quite ridiculous if you ask me.... But I, didn't really got an impression that anyone cares about the complaint. 

This is it for me as far as Tele2 is concerned, switching to another provider asap. Considering even taking legal actions. 

Regards 

I have an update Alex...  I was contacted by technical dpt. and was told that there were changes in the system and my SIM is no longer valid. They will send me another one.

To Croatia. This means that for more than a month I have no access to phone, anything related with it such as online banking, company mail (which uses phone nr.  for verification), etc. 

Major inconvenience and quite ridiculous if you ask me.... But I, didn't really got an impression that anyone cares about the complaint. 

This is it for me as far as Tele2 is concerned, switching to another provider asap. Considering even taking legal actions. 

Regards 

Wow, that’s not good. 
I also just increased my contract, because I was expecting a larger amount of data consumption now while travelling. It is pretty bad that they do not honour the terms of the contract we sign with them. I also tried all forms of contacting them, the only thing they can offer is for me to call them by telephone. But, my phone does not connect to the network (their fault), so of course I cannot call them… Pretty useless service. & I cannot switch provider for another 11 months… 
Wish me luck! I hope the legal actions go well.

Crazy indeed. 

Something in line "we were updating our system and we see that because of that your SIM is no longer valid. Only way to fix this is to send you new one".

But what if I am posted in China for a month?? 

In any case, good luck to you! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

The sim will be send to the contract adress in the Netherlands. You could ask a friend/ family to send it onwards.

Hi Eric, 

that I understand. Timing and time needed to deliver something is a problem. 

Of course friends can send it, but post from Netherlands to other countries takes time. Especially outside of the EU. 

Customers should have been informed that there is a possibility that this will happen so that SIM cards can be changed / updated in advance or some other way to mitigate the issues can be found. 

I don't think that we have the option of just sending a message to Tele2 that the money for the subscription for December and January is left in cash somewhere in Portugal, but it is not a problem since friends of Tele2 can just find it and send it to Netherlands. 

Eric, 

How is it the customer’s responsibility to organise the logistics of the simcard? If it is their fault that it isn’t working, surely they should either offer a refund, offer the possibility to cancel the contract, or offer shipping to whereever in the world the customer is. As, as the customer, we are allowed to travel. Tele2 supposedly offers mobile services abroad - otherwise I would not have signed with them. When they can’t fulfill this basic service, it really makes me want to cancel entirely.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

You close a contract in the Netherlands and always need a Dutch adres for delivery of the simcard. When the simcard need to be replaced because it has been stolen, broken or the old system goes down, the only place they will send it to is this adress. I see your problem, but when you travel around for example, it is indeed quite a challenge to get the card at the right time at the right spot. Providers do not do that logistical challange