Data, calls, and texts not working while abroad

• 2 February 2021
  • 9 reacties
  • 3564 x bekeken

• Aan het warmlopen
  • 4 reacties

I am currently abroad and need to be able to receive text messages on my sim card for verification purposes. However, it seems that for some reason I am not able to connect to any mobile network abroad. Everything on my Tele2 app is enabled including roaming. Roaming is turned on on my phone. Everything should be working fine. I know my phone isn’t the problem as with my other sim which is with Vodafone, I am able to access the internet without any problem. Of course the only way to contact Tele2 is by calling which, big surprise, I can’t do since my sim card won’t work. So here I am asking if anyone has any idea what to do about this. It is very important that I am able to receive text messages on my SIM so that I can verify my number. 

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

What was the last moment the simcard did work? And are you a new customer? When did you buy your subscription?

What was the last moment the simcard did work? And are you a new customer? When did you buy your subscription?

Hi Eric,

My simcard was working to my knowledge 3 days ago when I was still in the Netherlands.  It hasn’t worked since I got to the US. I’ve been a customer since August 2020 and have had my simcard since then as well. It seems like it won’t connect to a network as it won’t connect to one automatically and when I try to connect to one manually it fails and goes back to connectin automatically by default.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

The t-mobile Network in the usa should be the prefered network. Check in the Tele2 app (under wifi) if roaming is not blocked.

The t-mobile Network in the usa should be the prefered network. Check in the Tele2 app (under wifi) if roaming is not blocked.

Hi Eric, I’ve already checked that nothing is blocked on the Tele2 app and my phone. I’ve tried manually connecting to the T-Mobile network as I know that that would be the one Tele2 would usually use but it fails every time. It says “Network registration failed” and then goes back to choosing one automatically which doesn’t work as it chooses no service.

Reputatie 7

Did you restart your phone while being in the US?

Is the APN setting set to internet.tele2.nl?

What kind of phone you have, did you check the sim card settings (can be set to abroad)?

Did you restart your phone while being in the US?

Is the APN setting set to internet.tele2.nl?

What kind of phone you have, did you check the sim card settings (can be set to abroad)?

Hi pipo,

I have restarted my phone several times since arriving in the US and have made sure that the APN is set to internet.tele2.nl. I have a Huawei p20 pro which I have had for several years now and have never had any problems connecting to the internet abroad. I currently have a second simcard in my phone which is with Vodafone which is able to access the internet. It is only my tele2 simcard which has no network access. I don’t see anywhere where I can change my simcard setting to abroad but have read that that is something that should be done automatically. I have tried most solutions that I could find on the forum, but nothing has worked so far. I think it is just a problem that Tele2 has to fix themselves but I have no way of contacting them since I can’t call them without my simcard working.

Reputatie 7

Perhaps Tele2 migrated you to the network and system? They send you an e-mail before. Some SIM cards can’t be updated over the air, so sometimes they send the customer a new sim card to their home address. Maybe that’s the case here. Not sure if you can call using the Vodafone sim, otherwise you can try the chatbot on the website or in the mobile app and ask to speak to an employee during opening hours. Or just wait in this topic for a Tele2 moderator to respond.

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hello @MikaD.
Welcome to the Community! I'm going to help you immediately with your blockage so you can use your services quickly.

Being able to be online while abroad is of course important, I'm going to assist you with that! I immediately looked up your data and I saw a block for roaming abroad. I removed the block and if you reboot your phone it should work. Can you let me know if it works?

I'm here for you!

Hello @MikaD.
Welcome to the Community! I'm going to help you immediately with your blockage so you can use your services quickly.

Being able to be online while abroad is of course important, I'm going to assist you with that! I immediately looked up your data and I saw a block for roaming abroad. I removed the block and if you reboot your phone it should work. Can you let me know if it works?

I'm here for you!

Hi Cas, 

Thank you for your help! I have restarted my phone and now it seems that I am able to manually connect to a network (T-Mobile 4G) but then after a minute or so it will automatically disconnect. When I try and just let my phone choose a network automatically it still doesn't connect to a provider and says no service. While I was connected to the network it still doesn't seem like I was able to receive calls or texts either.