beantwoord

Malfunction SMS from abroad (and OTP SMS) still unsolved

• 8 August 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 114 x bekeken

I’m starting a new topic because unfortunately my previous topic got closed and I still didn't find a solution. I have a follow-up question after I reached out to the technical team about not being able to receive any text messages from abroad. Sadly, we tried to go through settings but in the end they were unable to help and the only solution was to completely change my phone number.

However, I'm not happy with that solution as I transferred to Tele2 knowing that I’ll be able to use my old number without any issues. I want to keep my current number and overall I’m happy with Tele2 services but not receiving SMS from abroad is a big problem for me and I can't have this limitation. I just can't believe that this issue can't be solved and it makes me question the options I’m left with as I’m dealing with it already for a couple of months.

In that case, I wanted to ask if it’s possible to cancel my contract before the end date and just move my number to another provider as that seems to be the only possible solution?

icon

Beste antwoord door Marciano van Tele2 12 August 2021, 09:09

Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Bartoolinio, I understand that it’s not ideal to change your phone number, however if the technical looked into it and only gave this option, I feel like there is no other way. If you already had contact with them, you could try to contact them again to follow up on your situation. 

There is a way to cancel your contract before the end date, so you can move your number to a new provider, but there are a few things you should know. If you fill in your phone number in your profile, I’d be happy to check this for you and explain. :smile:

Hey Bartoolinio, I understand that it’s not ideal to change your phone number, however if the technical looked into it and only gave this option, I feel like there is no other way. If you already had contact with them, you could try to contact them again to follow up on your situation. 

There is a way to cancel your contract before the end date, so you can move your number to a new provider, but there are a few things you should know. If you fill in your phone number in your profile, I’d be happy to check this for you and explain. :smile:

thank you! I just did:)

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Bart, great! I just send you a DM with more information! :smile: