vraag

Problems connecting the modem

Hi! I POSTED THIS EARLIER BUT IT WAS CLOSED. MY ISSUE WAS NOT FIXED AND I STILL DON't KNOW HOW TO INSTALL

Can I use coaxial to install my internet with an adapter? Struggling to find where to install internet in apartment!

I've just moved into a new apartment in Amsterdam and am unable to find where to connect the router in the wall. The only area I can find has scart outets in the walls as if for television. I've found online a device called a 'coax to ethernet adapter' - does anyone know if this will support my new tele2 subscription?

The adapator mentioned: https://www.kabelshop.nl/Hirschmann-Coax-omvormer-Hirschmann-Inca-1G-Internet-over-coax-3921100027-695020564-i11771-t19390.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0P7Vh96c4AIVVeJ3Ch0obg_mEAQYBiABEgLXjfD_BwE

I have also attached images of the connection point on the wall. It's upside down, but reads: 'Data, Tv,
FM'

4 Reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +1
Yes amazing how fast a moderator can act, the answer was I remember.. the problem was discussed and solved on social medium aka Facebook.
The coax cable UPC outlet is for Internet/TV by www.ziggo.nl , the new brand of UPC.
Tele2 uses the telephone cable, maybe it's on another place in the house.
You can't use a coax to Ethernet adapter. Tele2 has no access to the coax network of Ziggo.
Thanks so much for your response! OKay so by the door is a cupboard with the meterkast inside. Above that are two loose wires - a red and a blue one. Other than that, I have no ideas left!

Do you think it could be those wires? One of the diagrams in the instruction manual requires using a blue and red cable, but needs a dsl filter attaching. Do you think perhaps I would need to purchase a DSL filter to attach these wires to, so then I can plug in the DSL?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Adam
Reputatie 4
Badge +1
Most of the time the ISRA connection is blue and red. Just try these.
Reputatie 6
Badge +1
Ik you only need a DSL connection without a separate analog phone the DSL splitter is not needed.
The max up and download speed differs and depends in lenght of cable from home to nearby KPN transmission hub. Check a site like this and fill in postcode and housenumber to see the expected Internet speed? Check https://www.kpn.com/internet/speedtest.htm
In old houses in Amsterdam coax from Ziggo has sometimes much better speed then DSL over the telephone line. Yeah, thin red and blue wires inside a grey cable means a telephone line aka POTS
(Plain Old Telephone System) Shops like KPN has connectors for the 2 wire's.

Reageer