beantwoord

packetloss again

• 26 augustus 2017
  • 45 reacties
  • 2055 x bekeken

Toon eerste bericht
Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

45 reacties

In this moment no packetloss. But it back too often and broke internet for several of hours (1-2 time per week)
@Jasper van Tele2 no, it's bad an answer, because you're system administrator of the DSL modem in my apartment. And because I have a packetloss when I ping it (and host 82.173.117.1 was just a example, yes, I have to use traceroute to understand gw - And my GW is: 87.209.176.1. This mistake is not important, nothing changes)
So, anyway, I can do your work instead of you, and can write a script daemon with a loop, which have to ping my DSL modem always. And then it has packetloss, the script can send to your an engineer an email. And he/she can fix problem when it exist. I think, it's bad last mile (copper wire) or your DSL hardware in the phone station.
I think, it's not DSL buggy modem because if I restart DSL modem, then problem not fix.
And because I never had a packetloss between your DSL modem and my own hardware in LAN/wifi
@wizd3m, please do not forget check first page, latest message of the page.
@polnoch: I do not know the OpenVZ project well enough it seems 😉

But you never stated that the IP address 82.173.117.1 was "just an example".According to RIPE the other IP address is assigned to Tele2 Consumer:

inetnum: 87.209.176.0 - 87.209.191.255
netname: TELE2-CONSUMER-2
descr: Tele2 Consumer is one of the largest ISP\'s in the Netherlands

This leads me to believe that the IP address is also allocated to another customer of Tele2 and that it's NOT a gateway IP address. As I stated earlier, it is most likely that Tele2 uses PPPoE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-point_protocol_over_Ethernet), therefore your gateway is automatically discovered and appointed during the initiation proces. Therefore, the IPv4 Gateway could be something like 10.x.x.x. This gateway stays the same as long as the PPPoE session is active. When the use PPPoEoA this works a bit different, but the result is actually quite the same.

The last thing I would advise is whenever you experience the issues again, do not reset and pick up your phone and call Tele2. If the problem is caused by the dslam they should be able to see it at that moment.

For now I will leave this discussion and leave it in the capable hands of Tele2

But you never stated that the IP address 82.173.117.1 was "just an example".According to RIPE the other IP address is assigned to Tele2 Consumer:

It's not important. It's your network and it works. And my DSL modem in your network not. But in the next time I'll post here a ping of my gateway. But it's not proof of problem in your side. Problem in your side anyway. The ping statistics to the gateway just should help you to do your work

I tryed to find gateway in the webinterface of the DSL modem, but can't.

traceroute 8.8.8.8
traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 gateway (192.168.XX.1) 0.427 ms 0.374 ms 26.396 ms
2 * * *
3 ip1-176-209-87.adsl2.static.versatel.nl (87.209.176.1) 20.973 ms 22.225 ms 23.209 ms
4 ae6-0.br04tc2.versatel.net (212.53.25.197) 27.505 ms 28.564 ms 30.251 ms
5 ae5-0.br04sara.versatel.net (212.53.25.194) 31.724 ms 32.494 ms 33.178 ms
6 ams-core-2.bundle-ether7.tele2.net (130.244.21.85) 37.462 ms 24.107 ms 33.379 ms
7 72.14.203.170 (72.14.203.170) 24.524 ms 26.142 ms 27.172 ms
8 108.170.241.193 (108.170.241.193) 28.394 ms 108.170.241.225 (108.170.241.225) 28.918 ms 108.170.241.193 (108.170.241.193) 28.549 ms
9 209.85.247.23 (209.85.247.23) 28.621 ms 216.239.54.69 (216.239.54.69) 26.423 ms 209.85.243.143 (209.85.243.143) 30.099 ms
10 google-public-dns-a.google.com (8.8.8.8) 30.734 ms 27.655 ms 23.613 ms

The first hope it's my hardware, the second hope should be an internal interface of your DSL modem, 192.168.1.1 and no any hosts with 10.XX.XX.XX/8 network here.

But it's not important I think. The really important is:

For now I will leave this discussion and leave it in the capable hands of Tele2

The problem exist 2 months! And tele2 do not want to do anything! No money reimbursement, there are no apologies, no any work to fix a problem! I should proof you and Jasper that problem in your side for a long time! I hope screenshotes is a good proof. I can send in next time screenshotes whithout any editing in the PM if it is requires

and pick up your phone and call Tele2

Officially you haven't a phone English support. I called you at once and girl in your staff said me, she doesn't understand English. And I don't understand a Dutch.

Also you don't provide 7/24 support. And at once I wanted to call you, but you wasn't work when I had a packetloss.

So, it's your work. I can help you and write a script which send you an email when your DSL modem/last line/DSL hardware produce a packetloss problem.
@wizd3m

____^^___
It happen again :(

I've just attached ping statistics again from an external(another one server) and an internal
So, and I can't call you again. Your support doesn't work right now.
Why you so hate your customers? Why just not fix the problem?
Reputatie 5
Badge +3
@polnoch I sadly have to inform you we can not help you further with this problem. Our network seems fine you try to access the network from your own server. As stated before we can't help you if pinging from there to our network gives you packetloss.

If you want us to watch your line 24 hours to see problems i have to inform you this is not something we do for a consumer customer. You could try a business line.
. Our network seems fine you try to access the network from your own server

@wizd3m why your collaborator @Jasper van Tele2 wrote this nonsense?

The ICMP packets from inside my LAN and outside using DIFFERENT servers locate in the different datacenters in different countries in one time show the packetloss! And another hosts in your network not have a packetloss in this second, I published screenshotes with proofs.

I see, you're an engineer, but Jasper as I see, not(this conclution based by his texts). Please don't permit this rape of the common sense! It's look like "1984" Novell: https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/153313-nineteen-eighty-four

If you want us to watch your line 24 hours to see problems i have to inform you this is not something we do for a consumer customer. You could try a business line.

Please tell me, is it normal for *consumer* customer if his line down for several of hours 1-4 times per week? If it normal, I think, you should include it in your ad, LOL 🙂

If not, please just fix a problem. I ask you only about fix. I bealive this problem in the public forum affect your reputation. And I'm angry. I have a thoughts to public this information where I can (in facebook groups, in reddit, it twitter, etc).

Why just not fix my internet?
Die man houdt niet op hè....
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Die man houdt niet op hè....

Misschien is het een vrouw, dat kan ook hè.
Maar de topicstarter zal wel een oud Hollands spreekwoord in zijn achterhoofd hebben, namelijk dat de aanhouder wint ☺️
in topic https://forum.tele2.nl/mobiele-abonnementen-180/tele2-direct-debits-probably-it-s-mistake-66836"

We (me and my husband) have 2 mobile (sim only) subscriptions, and one home internet contract.

😉
It happen again. Please do anything @wizd3m
Hello polnoch,
Perhaps you don't understand the purpose of this forum: customers try to help other customers. If necessary the moderators ( {name} van Tele2 ) help out. wizd3m is just another customer.
Reputatie 5
Badge +3
The problem is that as stated before our network are not showing any signs of problems and you try to acces from a remote server so we can't help you any further.
@WhTurner but other channels also doesn't work

@Jasper van Tele2,

The problem is that as stated before our network are not showing any signs of problems and you try to acces from a remote server

LOL. Do you understand, this forum is indexing by Google, and by this message you're destroyed you reputation as an engineer?
Why you not shame if you don't understand how TCP/IP stack works?

In a start of my career, as second position(senior support engineer in the big hosting), I interviewed a lot of persons. I think, similar answer is judgement to not hire person. It's basic skills 😞
@WhTurner Wietse in the facebook also said, he do not want to do anything. Why are you think it's wrong channel of communication, and it's wrong idea, TELE2 not fraud company which do not provide any tech support?
It's good buisness idea: sold a broken an internet for one year, ignore hard facts that DSL modem does not avaible outside, and from inside no any hosts not avaible, of cource, too. And get a money every month. I think, at once, somebody, another prey,, will go to the court and to the journalists to tell about their way to get a money
Reputatie 5
Badge +3
Due to the inactivity in this thread i have now closed this topic. If you have any questions or you would indeed like some help you can always open a new topic.

Kind regards,
Jasper