vraag

No Internet

• 24 oktober 2017
  • 7 reacties
  • 671 x bekeken

Hi,

As per the internet and TV contract, my internet should have worked from today (24th october) morning. But despite connecting the new modem (delivered by Tele2) as per the manual, I am unable to have internet connection. Kindly guide in this regard. I have attached two pictures to depict the current status.

Thanks.
Kind regards,
Atul Shukla

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

7 reacties

Reputatie 2
Hi Atul, welcome to the Tele2 forum. It seems like you've connected your modem correctly in the picture, however we can not know for sure that the access point to which you're connecting is actually carrying the signal that is sent to your address. The registration on my side tells me that the actual access or connection point for the modem should be located in your utilities closet. Usually there's a thick blue or grey cable coming up from the ground, which is then connected to either one of the four IS/RA types that we talk about in the installation manual. Could you perhaps send us a picture of the current state of the utilities closet, where your fuse box usually is located too. Please let me know.

You could also always give us a call when you're at home on the number 020-754 4444. When selecting option 2-2 in the automated menu, you will be connected through to a colleague who can help with technical questions.
Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your reply. I found the grey cable in the utilities closet. Pls, see the pictures attached herewith of the connection and the box.
Pls, confirm if this is the one you are talking about and how do I proceed next.

Thanks.
Kind regards,
Atul
+31 6 2265 8199
Reputatie 5
Badge +2
Hey Artul,

I'm sneaking in on this topic 🙂

To me it looks like this box was made to extend the cable to another outlet in the house. Do you know where the light gray cable goes to? The one on the bottom of the box where the orange, white, blue and red cables go into on picture 3 and 4. If you can find the outlet where this end up in then you might be able to get a signal off of that.

If that is in fact the cable that comes out of the ground, then we might have an issue here. I find it kinda odd that someone has decided to hardwire a cable into the DSL port on that box. Normally you can just plug the telephone cable in there to connect it. If this is the case then i'm quite curious where the other cable ends up to.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The Box (the first access point for the modem, in the utilities closet) is indeed used to extend the cable to other part of the house - to the socket, picture of which I sent earlier (picture 1 of the attachment). I checked this information with the previous tenant. Previous tenant was using the socket (and not the main access point) to connect his modem (and he had the same internet and TV package from Tele2).

I also tried connecting the modem directly to the main box (main access point in the utilities closet). But the result is the same - connection successful but no internet connection (picture 2,3 and 4 of the attachment).

For further confirmation, I also opened the socket to see if the wiring connections are done properly. Picture 5.

So, now its clear that there is NO internet signal to the main access point (main connection point in the utilities closet).

Kindly look into it and help in sorting out the issue. Is it possible that the internet connection is not yet activated (which should have been done already on 24th oct)

Thanks.
Kind regards,
Atul
Hi,

There was a fault in the outside line, as it was not connected by Tele2 earlier.

I went to the Tele2 store, Amsterdam and they were able to check the issue and the matter was solved today morning by Tele2 technicians.

Thanks.
Have a nice day guys.
Reputatie 2
Hi atul.shukla, based on the pictures you've sent this would have also been my conclusion It's good to hear action has already been undertaken and your problem was solved. You were actually dealing with KPN technicians because they are the network operators performing restoration on their DSL network. I'm glad they were able to solve te issue.

It seems that you have paid for 6 days while you weren't able to use the subscription. I will make sure to give you a 6 day discount on your first invoice, so you won't have to pay for that time.

Does the internet work correctly now?
Hi Ruben,

Yes, everything is working fine for now. And for the invoicing purposes, I have been able to use the subscription from 30th October.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Atul