beantwoord

End of contract - How to dispose the decoder and Modem?

• 26 juni 2016
  • 11 reacties
  • 266 x bekeken

Dear Tele2 Customer Care,

My contract ends on 30 June 2016 (Internet and TV). I already reported this to Tele2. However, I am not sure on how to dispose the modem and decoder. Do I have to return to Tele2? If yes, what is the procedure?

Kind regards,

Kapongola
icon

Beste antwoord door Maurice niet meer van Tele2 29 juni 2016, 19:33

Hey!

Yeah I saw the logging. Tbh, I think that you guys weren't communicating on the same level. I see that my colleague send you an e-mail with conditions te cancel your subscription. The thing is, these conditions only apply when one is moving abroad within the contract. Since your contract ends the 8th of July (without a 1 month cancellation term), this isn't the correct way to go.

How did you cancel the subscription? The correct way is by calling customer service. Since I don't see any logging concerning the cancellation, I cancelled your subscription from the 26th of July. Since you have a cancellation period of 1 month, you will receive another invoice. I recommend that you pay this, hence the contract states that you should.

As you stated, you can return the equipment as you please. I made a notification that they're returned.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

11 reacties

Reputatie 2
Badge
End of your contract means that the term of notice to can cancel your subscription is one month. After you canceled you get a lettre to send back the modem and may be the decoder. It's not always asked back.

You get a lettre and a resend box. Be sure to keep the evidence you have send it back.

BTW I'm not the customer care
Daer Abmg,

Thanks for responding. I am ending the contract because I am moving outside Netherlands. I will not be in the country as of 1st July 2016. And probably not coming back in the near future. I already notified Tele2 about my cancellation of contract a month earlier. However, I am surprised that they sent me a bill for the next month. Is this a common practice?

Regards,

Kapongola
Reputatie 2
Badge
Here on the forum you can read that their administration is not always up to date.

Someone of Tele2 has to look after this. It will often take some days before they react. Perhaps call them another time to be sure they administrated your unsubscription and then refund (redeposit?) the money.

I'm sorry as member of the forum I can't help you; a moderator has to react.
Dear Ontdekker,

Thanks for the reply. As you have suggested, I will call Tele2 and find out what is happening.

Kind regards,

Kapongola
Badge +4
Hey kapongola,

Do you already have more info concerning your cancellation?

With regards,

Maurice
Dear Maurice,

Thanks for asking. I just spoke with a Tele2 personnel and he confirmed that my cancellation was not activated. He advised that I write letter to Tele2. Given that I am leaving the country tomorrow, I will also send the modem today. I am just hoping Tele2 will refund my money.

Kind regards,

Kapongola
Badge +4
Hey!

Yeah I saw the logging. Tbh, I think that you guys weren't communicating on the same level. I see that my colleague send you an e-mail with conditions te cancel your subscription. The thing is, these conditions only apply when one is moving abroad within the contract. Since your contract ends the 8th of July (without a 1 month cancellation term), this isn't the correct way to go.

How did you cancel the subscription? The correct way is by calling customer service. Since I don't see any logging concerning the cancellation, I cancelled your subscription from the 26th of July. Since you have a cancellation period of 1 month, you will receive another invoice. I recommend that you pay this, hence the contract states that you should.

As you stated, you can return the equipment as you please. I made a notification that they're returned.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers
Dear Moderator,

Thank you for clarifying. Earlier in May 2016 some of my friends warned me that I should cancel all my subscription well in advance in order to prevent any inconveniences, including paying for services that I will not use. I then used the online tool to cancel my subscription. I trusted the online communication given that I entered into this contract entirely through online communication. If the online communication is not legit, I am surprised why you created the tool. I also do not understand why Tele2 accepted my contract that I made through virtual communication but could not accept the same way of communication when I wanted to cancel the contract.

I appreciate that you have cancelled my contract. Please clarify to whether this means I will receive another invoice in July 2016. If yes, kindly tell me for which month is this payment for? Is it for July or August 2016?

Regards,

Kapongola
Badge +4
Let me clarify a little more because it looks like the message missed its purpose. I wanted to explain why you can speak of miscommunication. You probably cancelled saying that you're moving abroad, in that case the list of items stated in the mail are required, but only when one wants to cancel within the contract term. In you case that is not necessary. That's why you were asked to sent proof.

As you contract term has already come to an end I've cancelled the contract by using the same medium as you used to apply, the internet. I mean, this forum is on the internet right. ;)
The online tool you're speaking off is basically a "call me back" form.

Since the contract will be terminated on the 26th of July, you are obliged to pay until that date, not more. So to be short, yes, you will receive another invoice.
Dear Maurice,

Thanks for clarifying. Let's agree that I used a "call me back" form to end the my contract, which according to Tele2 terms, is not the right way. Still, that does not explain why I did not receive any call from Tele2, as a response to call me back form.

I am very aware that this conversation will not change anything. I am now in Tanzania and probably do not have the powers to stop Tele2 from taking free money from my account. This makes me wonder, for instance, let's imagine that I had closed my bank account in Netherlands, how could I have paid Tele2? What will happen if my account has no money when you send your invoice?

I have realised that I fallen victim of Tele2 due to my ignorance. I will pay the money and try to forget this bad experience as much as possible.

Regards,

Kapongola
Badge +4
You are welcome. It looks like my efforts in clearing stuff up didn't do the trick. I will close this topic and wish you a good day.