beantwoord

DSL Connection Status remains "Connecting"

• 6 June 2019
  • 11 reacties
  • 1089 x bekeken

Hello,

Today I've received both - an email and an SMS message that I can now install my modem. Tried to do the installation now, DSL link is UP, but connection status always remains "Connecting" and there is no internet connection:

Already tried and didn't work:
- Connecting to a different DSL socket (Type 2) in the apartment
- Performing a "hard reset"

The issue seems to be identical to this one discussed previously: https://forum.tele2.nl/vast-internet-188/dsl-connection-status-blijft-connecting-74573

What could be the problem here?
icon

Beste antwoord door frostie 12 June 2019, 08:57

Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

11 reacties

Reputatie 5
Hello frostie,

The first time you connect the modem it might take 10-30 minutes for it to fully function and might even restart itself a few times. If that doesn't work a soft and/or hard reset might do the trick but I see you've already tried a hard reset.

If it still doesn't work right now you can send me a private message so I can look into it for you. I'll need your:

- Name
- Address
- Zipcode + City
- Customer number
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your bank account number

Use this link to send me a private message: Private message to Kevin.

Thanks for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving your message.

Regards, Kevin
Thank you for your prompt reply - PM sent

Hello frostie,

The first time you connect the modem it might take 10-30 minutes for it to fully function and might even restart itself a few times. If that doesn't work a soft and/or hard reset might do the trick but I see you've already tried a hard reset.

If it still doesn't work right now you can send me a private message so I can look into it for you. I'll need your:

- Name
- Address
- Zipcode + City
- Customer number
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your bank account number

Use this link to send me a private message: Private message to Kevin.

Thanks for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving your message.

Regards, Kevin
Reputatie 5
Thanks for your message, at the moment your modem isn't online at all. Did you power off or disconnect the modem since yesterday? If not do you still see the same as before and can you also tell me which light on the modem are on (including the L1/L2 next to the dsl plug?)
Currently I'm at work, but the modem should definitely be online now. The only thing is that I've tried powering it off, then back on again this morning, to see whether it would connect to internet but I left it on now.

When the modem is starting, both L1 and L2 lights are blinking, then, after a while, L1 starts glowing steadily and L2 turns off altogether. At the same time, Internet light glows red for a few seconds and then turns off. After that, DSL status page indicates that DSL link is up, but status is always "Connecting"

This evening I could make a small video, if needed.
And will later double check if the modem is still online, as I have no means to check it now
Reputatie 5
A video wont be necessary except for maybe to show how the modem is connect from the modem to the connection point. I do however need to know which lights are on and which are off. If your L1 light is on it means that there there is a signal, the internet light tells us if its working signal. If the L1 light is on I should always be able to measure that and at the moment I don't measure any signal which theoretically means the L1 light on your end cant be on, unless there's a cross-connection.

I wont be able to answer you this evening or this weekend anymore, I'll be available again next Tuesday. If you want an answer/solution for your problem sooner you can also call the customer service on 020-7544444.

Regards. Kevin
Thanks, I will try contacting customer service over the weekend then and will later report my findings.

Have a nice weekend! 🙂
Reputatie 5
Thank you frostie, have a nice weekend as well!
So, after a visit of KPN line technician - I'm now online :)

After calling Tele2 client service and talking to multiple people, we were only able to establish that the modem and the DSL phone line setup are both working (since L1 light is ON) and there must be something else wrong with the line, so I scheduled an appointment with a KPN technician (since the line itself is owned and maintained by KPN).

Turns out, the line in my apartment was connected to the wrong line outside of the building. After connecting to the right line - the modem was able to connect now.

I was told this is quite a common thing in my neighbourhood (Leidseplein area)

Once again - thanks for your help! 🙂
Reputatie 5
Glad to see it is working as it should now, thanks for the update.

If there's any other questions please let me know

Regards, Kevin
Reputatie 5
Topic closed due to inactivity