beantwoord

Deficient internet service Tele2

• 19 september 2017
  • 17 reacties
  • 234 x bekeken

Hi,

I have a problem with internet service provided by Tele2. I have been client for a long time and I was happy with Tele2 till now (I used to have TV and internet services before). This month I had to move to a new apartment in Amsterdam, and I called for transferring the internet service (only) to the new location. The answer I received was that internet could be a bit slower in the new location (less than 50 mbs that I was receiving), but I would pay 2 eur less.

Yesterday I connected for the first time and I run two speed tests, download speed was 2 and 3 mbs. It is impossible to work from home with this service, the only solution they provide is using the cable (in a 2 floors apartment, where my office is in the second floor and the modem in the first one), so I basically cannot use internet in my place. If I want to terminate the contract, I need to pay 120 eur (+25 transfer costs, +first month with no wireless), because I signed a 12 months contracts with conditions that they do not comply from their side.

I have just opened two complaints in Consuwijzer and ACM (Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets), regarding the deficient internet service I'm receiving, as they do not offer any solution to my problem (I also work from home).

Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Bianca van Tele2 27 september 2017, 13:54

When you go to our website to suscribe yourself for an internet connection we always show the expected speed, in your case this is 10 - 12MB. From this speed as shown on the website we need to deliver at least 80%.

We can't make it any faster for you at the moment.

Bianca
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

17 reacties

Badge +1
Hi M. Ramirez,

Welcome at our forum.

Sorry to hear that the internet connection is not what you expected.

We can't promise any speed if using wireless. The speed of your wireless conection depends on a lot of thing we have no control over.

On https://www.tele2.nl/klantenservice/thuis/internet/tips-storingen/ you find some tips to improve your wirless connection.

If you do a wired speedtest, which speed you get?

Bianca
Hi Bianca,

Thanks for your quick response. I have just run a test with the cable, download 1.25 mbps and upload 0.86 mbps. I understand speed is up to 20 mbps, but this is not acceptable from my point of view...

Regards
Badge +1
Hi Ramirez,

Can you send me the following information in a private message please:

Clientnumber
Full adress
Date of birth

Bianca
Badge +1
Thank for you personal detail. I just checked the speed, at the moment I see Current Downstream:14493 Current Upstream:1009. So the speed seems to be ok. Can you do the speedtest again, on another laptop or computer? Can you change the cable between the modem and you laptop/computer? ^Bianca
Hi Bianca,

I have turned off our mobile phones and the iPad, and I have performed a speed test with the cable. Please see enclosed what I got, it is clearly below from the numbers I get from you. What is considered acceptable from your perspective?

Many thanks,

Manuel.
Badge +1
12MB is an acceptable speed for this line. The speeds depends on the distance and quality of the line.

Bianca
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Question for @Bianca van Tele2, lets say that the topicstarter has a 20Mb connection and recieves 12.
That is 60% of the max optaineble theoretical speed, shouldnt that be 80%.
It was 60% in the passed, and is now 80%.
So you say its acceptable for the distance from the central that the line is connected to.
But still 20% bellow the 80%.
Badge +1
We deliver 80% of the expected speed. In this case the expected speed is 12MB.

Bianca
Hi Bianca,

Sorry but I do not understand this. I pay for ADSL till 20 mbs, should not be that the expected speed? As Cypher said, theoretical speed should be at least 16 mbs.

Additionally, in the description of the service it is also included wireless connection, this is not happening now either, so I'm paying full rate (+25 eur for transferring the line) for a very slow connection using cable, and no connection at all using wifi.

I still think there is a lack of service from Tele2 and I'm asked to comply with the contract.

Thanks
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
We deliver 80% of the expected speed. In this case the expected speed is 12MB.

Bianca

Uhm @Bianca van Tele2

20 divided bij 100 times 80 = 16, so 16 would be 80%
20 divided bij 100 times 60 = 12, so 12 would be 60% and not 80%.

When you see the topic starter's result, then it is 60% and not 80%.
Badge +1
When you go to our website to suscribe yourself for an internet connection we always show the expected speed, in your case this is 10 - 12MB. From this speed as shown on the website we need to deliver at least 80%.

We can't make it any faster for you at the moment.

Bianca
Hi Bianca,

In this case, as I explained at the beginning, this did not happen. I just moved to a new apartment and I was told that the speed was going to be up to 20 mbs. This conversation is recorded, I cannot access to that of course, but if I would have known that expected speed was 10-12 mbs we probably would not be discussing this now.

Thanks
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
It is highly doubtfull what is stated in your link Bianca, i think that it should be 80% from a 20Mb abo.
And not the speed that is expected and then 80% from that result.
Tele2 can post it like that, but that doesnt mean it is like that.

I also see that you changed the answer in to one that is better for Tele2.

@M. Ramirez slik niet alles voor zoete koek ( google that 1 for the translation ;o)
Hi Cypher,

Thanks for your help with this, we all know how some of these companies work, they force the client to pay for a service that sometimes they don't even deliver, and they attach to the contract even when they are not committed with their duties.

It would be very simple just to let me go, I do not even ask for a refund of the transfer costs and the first month, but if you cannot provide an acceptable service at least don't ask me to pay 120 euros more.

Kind regards,

Manuel.
Badge +1
@M. Ramirez this is a part of the e-mail you received from us about the contract at your new adress

We have informed you about the expected speed.

Bianca
Hi Bianca,

It is a shame that I do not speak Dutch and I called you just for being properly informed about this, as I have problems for translating the letters and emails.

I was on the belief that the information that is communicated by telephone is aligned with the truth (even more when it's recorded for "signing" a contract).

By the way, after translating this email, I think it is also a shame that I cannot cancel the contract after 14 days, considering that I received the package and tested the service on day 18.

Can I still execute the cancellation or this can only be done before start using the service and realizing that it is almost impossible to work from home with it?

Thanks
Badge +1
Hi M.Ramirez,

Sorry for the late reply.

The contract can only be cancelled within 14 days from the day you receive the e-mail/letter.

Bianca