vraag

Connect "Coax Cable" to Tele2 modem

• 29 juli 2015
  • 10 reacties
  • 33239 x bekeken

Dear officer,

I have just received my Tele2 modem as this one:
https://www.tele2.nl/klantenservice/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/490-3385-Handleiding-IB-nieuwe-modem-print_WEB.pdf

But in the installation protocol, I did not find any type matches the cable I have at home, so I started a journey called "Trouble-shooting"....

Step-1: I search "how to connect internet cable to modem" in general via Google... did not find any match in my case.

Step-2: I tried to look for the name of the cable I have at home, since I have no idea how to call it... and it looks like something as shown here:
http://litramfg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/coaxial-cable-assemblies.jpg

Step-3: I searched "how to connect coax cable to modem/Tele2", then I found several articles saying Tele2 did not work with this coax cable.....only one person saying it worked out at last after a technician came to do some magic, but she/he did not mention how or which were needed or required in order to fix it....

Step-4: wondering why Tele2 provide internet in my area where there is coax cable? If Tele 2 can not be connected to coax cable, then Tele2 should not have shown in the available list of internet provider, right? So there has to be a way to connect them, I think (with hope).

My questions are:
Do you, by any chance, know how to connect them or make it work?
If it does not work, how could I un-subscribe my contract with Tele2, since now I got the modem...?

Thank you in advance!
Jiayi

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Several articles have given you the right information: Tele2 (and the modem) wil never work with a coax-cable. They have to be connected to the Isra-commection (phone-line) in your house. There can never be any technician that made it work with a coax-cable before so only one person has a very big fantasy or did not really understand what was going on :)

Tele2 relies on the data that KPN (the owner of the telephone-network) provides. If that information states that there is a Isra in your house then you can subscribe to Tele2. Tele2 nor KPN have access to people's houses to see if the connection is actually still in the house. Any occupant of the house could have removed or hidden the Isra-connection.
Step-3: I searched "how to connect coax cable to modem/Tele2", then I found several articles saying Tele2 did not work with this coax cable.....only one person saying it worked out at last after a technician came to do some magic, but she/he did not mention how or which were needed or required in order to fix it.
@jlthkoch, Thanks for replying so quickly!!

Hmmm, so do you mean that I have to first connect the coax cable to ISRA, and then connect ISRA to Tele2 modem?

So now maybe I have to look for this mystery ISRA connection!
Do you know where to get this ISRA if I don;t have one at home?

Many thanks!!
Reputatie 7
You're welcome!

No i don't mean that. You can never connect a coax-cable to an ISRA.

Coax is cable (originally: TV, but nowadays also for telephone and internet) and Isra used to be the telephone-line, but nowadays that one is also used for internet and tv. Most houses have both connections.

It's true that you have to look for this Isra-connection inside your house. It can be in the living-room (mostly seen in apartments) or it can be in a separate closet (together with the meters for electricity, water, gas)

In the rare circumstance that there is no Isra-point (anymore) in your house it can be made, but i guess it can be expensive. The exact price depends on the situation, that differs from house to house.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. I am glad to help you out!
@jlthkoch

Does the attached picture looks like ISRA to you? Sorry for being stupid, as I really have no knowledge in this area with coax... I am used to the cable on the wall and simply connect the wire between the cable and modem/PC..

This picture is the only one I have at this moment as I haven't moved to the apartment yet.

You're welcome!

No i don't mean that. You can never connect a coax-cable to an ISRA.

Coax is cable (originally: TV, but nowadays also for telephone and internet) and Isra used to be the telephone-line, but nowadays that one is also used for internet and tv. Most houses have both connections.

It's true that you have to look for this Isra-connection inside your house. It can be in the living-room (mostly seen in apartments) or it can be in a separate closet (together with the meters for electricity, water, gas)

In the rare circumstance that there is no Isra-point (anymore) in your house it can be made, but i guess it can be expensive. The exact price depends on the situation, that differs from house to house.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. I am glad to help you out!
Reputatie 7
No, in the picture there is only coax-connections.

It's not stupid, it's logical you ask because in your country there must be other ways to connect.

I think in the manual for the installation of the modem there must be pictures of the various types of ISRA
Thanks, jlthkoch!

I will go back to the room tomorrow and search again with my updated cable knowledge 😉

Fijne avond!
Reputatie 7
Again you're welcome.

If you have any questions tomorrow or later don't hesitate to ask them here!

晚上好!
Hello, I received the Tele2 router for the internet connection but unfortunately there is an issue.

At home I do have 2 plugs with the right connector (I mean the phone cable with rj11 connector plugged into the 4 pin adapter provided by Tele2, I dont know how it is called), I tried both of them but there is no signal coming to the router.

I also have some coaxial plugs and my current concern is that for some reason Tele2 activated the connection behind one of them, it is a guess, I cannot be sure it is the real case. If thats the case I would not know how to make the connection (no coaxial port on the Tele2 router).

Now basically I would need some advice to understand what to do, I see these options: 1) contact Tele2 reporting that the signal is not coming or 2) call a technician who could hopefully connect the Tele2 router to the coaxial plug with some adapter.

Any suggestion is welcome, I actually dont know what to do.

Thanks, Michele
The coaxial connectors are NOT for internet. They are for the cablesignal for television.

It is possible (due to some holydays) that your connection is delayed. You can call the customerservice 020 7544444 Use in the menuchoices first 2 and then again 2 for technical questions concerning internet.
They can measure if your connection is or is not connected at the moment.
Reputatie 4
Badge +3
And if you only want to contact us through this forum, please open a new topic for your question.

I will close this old topic now.