beantwoord

VPNFilter Malware

• 1 juni 2018
  • 2 reacties
  • 151 x bekeken

TL;DR: Is Tele2 going to investigate if their devices are vulnerable to VPNFilter malware?

Hello everyone. Sorry for the english message, but on the suggestion of Tele2 customer support on Messenger, I am posting this question publicly for the whole comunity (and perhaps Tele2 experts).

This is my original question:
"Hello Tele2 Nederland, I was wondering if you have any information about the devices on your network that are affected by the VPNFilter malware, and/or if you already took some measures against it?"

It's publicly know that we can reset the router to factory settings, and assuming that the firmware is not compromised, it will be OK. But this is just a workaround, since the bug can be exploited over and over again.

I would feel safer knowing the Tele2 experts in this matter investigate if this flaw is present, or not, in the Tele2 routers and correct the problem when needed. Furthermore, I think it would be useful to distribute the results on your website and social media.
icon

Beste antwoord door Mario van Tele2 4 juni 2018, 09:18

Hello,

As far as we know there is no fault detected! The type of devices we use have not being hit.. If this was so.. we would have contacted the company that makes the hardware itself.
We as Tele2 do not see any problems at this point! It's publicly know that we can reset the router to factory settings if the malware hits stage 2 or 3! But like i said at this point there is no information that the modems are compromised.

Greetings,

Mario van Tele2
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

2 reacties

Reputatie 4
Badge +1
Hello,

As far as we know there is no fault detected! The type of devices we use have not being hit.. If this was so.. we would have contacted the company that makes the hardware itself.
We as Tele2 do not see any problems at this point! It's publicly know that we can reset the router to factory settings if the malware hits stage 2 or 3! But like i said at this point there is no information that the modems are compromised.

Greetings,

Mario van Tele2
Many thanks for your answer Mario! Great to know you are actively monitoring.