beantwoord

network not found abroad

• 12 oktober 2020
  • 23 reacties
  • 601 x bekeken

Hi! I have purchased an unlimited data simcsrd that was activated in the store and was working fine todya in the NL. I am now in Italy and my phone can’t connect to any network - I have no data and cannot place any call! It’s really annoying ! I’m trying to get hold of tele 2 on Facebook and no one cares . It’s really annoying - I have spent 2 h in the shop Activating  the  cArd and now I am without phone abroad …. if I knew the service was so horrible would have never gone with tele 2. Can someone  please help me out trying to get this solved ? It’s no fun being without network abroad . Thansk 

icon

Beste antwoord door Cas van Tele2 15 oktober 2020, 12:21

Hello @Federica,

I am in the process of solving your problem. It looks like there is a foreign block on your subscription, I'm trying to take it off but it doesn't work. Know that I am doing everything I can to solve this! 

Bekijk origineel bericht

23 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Which store did you go? Tele2 does not have their own stores anymore.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Is the APN setting in your phone: internet.tele2.nl? Is roaming setting ON on the phone?

Did you check your Mijn Tele2 account to check if roaming is turned off?

If you manually search for available networks with your phone, which ones you see?

The first 2 months of a subscription calling from abroud is only possible to Dutch phone numbers.

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hello @Federica,

Welcome to the Community! We like to help each other as best we can. Let's see if we can fix your network abroad!

It's good that you have entered your 06 number in your Community account, I immediately checked the status of your subscription in the system. It has indeed been activated. However, I see that you have just become a customer with us, what a good thing that you have chosen for us! Welcome to the Tele2 family.  It's true what pipo says, in the first 2 months calls to foreign numbers are blocked, this is to prevent fraud. We can lift this blockade but for this you have to pay an advance of 115 euros. If you want to, I would love to hear about it. 

But in order to find out exactly what is going on with your reach, it is important to carry out the steps that expert Pipo is presenting. Can you carry out these steps?

Let us know if it has worked out ok! Of course we want you to be able to reach us abroad. I’m here for you! :smile:

Hi @pipodeclown  and @Cas van Tele2 ,

many thanks for your help.

i have set up the right apn setting, however I cannot log in into my tele 2 as my phone has no network so can’t receive the activation  code  sms to activate my account. It’s ok if I can’t call foreign numbers , the problem is I have no data and no network so I literally can’t do anything. Please help to activate my network and data abroad because I’m currently with no phone ! Many thanks 

Also , if I look for network I see the Italian ones but can’t connect to any!!

Hi guys could you please help ? I don’t. Know what to do. Trying to contact customer service but nothing ...also on the internet n don’t find solution 

Which store did you go? Tele2 does not have their own stores anymore.

Media Markt 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

The first months after buying a subscription with a new phone number, roaming is barred. I thought until two invoices are paid. This is against fraud. Unlimited data is only in tge Netherlands. In the EU region there are monthly restrictions. After reaching them, you will be warned by sms and pay an extra fee per mb afterwords.

The first months after buying a subscription with a new phone number, roaming is barred. I thought until two invoices are paid. This is against fraud. Unlimited data is only in tge Netherlands. In the EU region there are monthly restrictions. After reaching them, you will be warned by sms and pay an extra fee per mb afterwords.

Hi Eric thanks for the reply. How can I activate it ? I need it - I had to go home due to corona , what would that has to Be with fraud ?

I can stay without network for 2 months …..

Many thansk

Hello @Federica,

Welcome to the Community! We like to help each other as best we can. Let's see if we can fix your network abroad!

It's good that you have entered your 06 number in your Community account, I immediately checked the status of your subscription in the system. It has indeed been activated. However, I see that you have just become a customer with us, what a good thing that you have chosen for us! Welcome to the Tele2 family.  It's true what pipo says, in the first 2 months calls to foreign numbers are blocked, this is to prevent fraud. We can lift this blockade but for this you have to pay an advance of 115 euros. If you want to, I would love to hear about it. 

But in order to find out exactly what is going on with your reach, it is important to carry out the steps that expert Pipo is presenting. Can you carry out these steps?

Let us know if it has worked out ok! Of course we want you to be able to reach us abroad. I’m here for you! :smile:

Hi @Cas van Tele2  can you please help me with the unlocking of roaming abroad ? I can’t afford to stay without a phone and I’m not sure when I can come back to the Netherlands due to the restrictions with Covid . It’s pretty urgent . Many thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

How many invoices did you already pay? If you stay longer in your home country, it is mend that you buy a local subscription or local prepaid card.

Hello @Federica,

Hi @Cas van Tele2  can you please help me with the unlocking of roaming abroad ? I can’t afford to stay without a phone and I’m not sure when I can come back to the Netherlands due to the restrictions with Covid . It’s pretty urgent . Many thanks

@Cas van Tele2  can you please help ? It is urgent 

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hello @Federica,

I am in the process of solving your problem. It looks like there is a foreign block on your subscription, I'm trying to take it off but it doesn't work. Know that I am doing everything I can to solve this! 

Thank you :-) please let me know if This can be removed . Due to Covid I won’t be able to Fly to Amsterdam before next month and would be without a phone for the whole time. 

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hello @Frederica,

We are in the process of solving this problem. It is taking longer than expected there is a malfunction which is causing problems in removing the blockage. 
I recommend that you buy a prepaid sim in Italy so that you can be reached. We will reimburse the costs for this month because you have not been able to use it!

If you have more questions please let me know. I will keep you informed! :thumbsup:

Hello @Frederica,

We are in the process of solving this problem. It is taking longer than expected there is a malfunction which is causing problems in removing the blockage. 
I recommend that you buy a prepaid sim in Italy so that you can be reached. We will reimburse the costs for this month because you have not been able to use it!

If you have more questions please let me know. I will keep you informed! :thumbsup:

Hi @Cas van Tele2 thank you for coming  back . So you know how long it will take to solve this problem and what needs to  be done to remove the block and why is tele 2 having these problems ? I don’t want to buy a new sim and change again number for one month only. Also what do I have to do to get ‘the months I won’t be using the sim reimbursed  ? Thanks a mill :) 

Hi @Cas van Tele2 - any news ? It’s been over a months now and this is pretty annoying . Manu thanks 

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hello @Federica,

The technical service colleagues want to help you. Are you still in Italy at the moment? 

Hi @Cas van Tele2  hi yes still in Italy 

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hello Frederica,

Thank you for your response! The technical department has thoroughly examined your case and found that something went wrong with activating your SIM card. The solution now is to send a new SIM card to your address in the Netherlands. Is it possible that someone will send that SIM card to you in Italy? 

Otherwise the only solution is that you take an Italian prepaid card so that you can be reached in Italy temporarily. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I am at your service! :thumbsup:

Hello @Frederica,

Hi @Cas van Tele2 thanks a mill for trying to solve my. Case. I have received my SIM card - is it the same number? I don’t want to change again number I have already activated all the services with this number. Also what was the problem with the old one ? I’m curious to undertand . Many thansk 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

With such a new simcard change you will keep the same number!

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hello @Federica,

Super that you already have the new SIM card! With the new SIM card you keep your number. If you send me a private message with the SIM card number I can activate this card for you. I really hope that you have a connection with the network again. The SIM card number starts with 893 and is a long series of numbers! 

I am looking forward to hearing from you! :thumbsup:

Reageer