beantwoord

sux to be a foreigner

• 26 september 2019
  • 9 reacties
  • 315 x bekeken

Good day!
I don't even know where to start, but I will write in points probably, this is a story of a foreigner.
1. I was a customer of another provider for 2 years where I got a phone and a contract (€40/month).
As my contract came to an end I went to Tele2 and asked if they have unlimited data because I use a lot.
2. I was promised unlimited data, however I need to wait one or two months to get a phone if I don't want to pay a really high percentage of the whole price of the device (because I'm a foreigner).
3. As I was told right there in the shop, I cannot choose the phone + contract option because I'm a foreigner so I had to choose SIM only and I waited. After I couple of weeks I had an accident and I broke my phone completely so I was really in a need of a phone.
4. I go there and ask for a phone and help because I don't have a phone (obviously). I was sent away (unless I have hundreds of euros for a phone as a student of course, because that's what we all have).
5. Not long after this I realised that my data which I pay for is not unlimited, since it is limited to 5gbs per day. I talked with others from same and also from different providers who all claimed that it is BS. They have no daily limitation or it is much more than 5 gbs.
6. After 2 months I got back again and I was really annoyed by the fact that I cannot have a phone, my data is not unlimited and most of the workers treat me bad.
The first answer I got from the worker "I cannot give you a phone because you are a foreigner, only if you pay the most part, or you can just go to Tmobile, we will merge anyway and they have cheaper phones because of their promotions".
Ridiculous, that's how you promote your company I guess.
I went to Tmobile and told the workers that I was sent here by tele2 and I was told that it is possible to get a phone from you since you will merge.
They were actually laughing and told me they have no idea what the tele2 worker was talking about since the merge is somewhere around next year and this is not how it works anyway.
7. I went back to tele2 and told the worker that in tmobile I was told if i end my contract with you, I can get a phone and a contract from them.
The worker immediately realised that I can get a phone so he started to promote some of the devices.
I had a hard time choosing a device and apparently I couldn't even choose whatever I desire, because I cannot pay more than €10 a month as a FOREIGNER. In the end I chose something, I spent the whole afternoon to run around to get all the necessary papers for the deal then in the end the system didn't let us make one.
I called customer service and this ALL is not enough to end my contract, only if I pay the 2 years I signed for.
8. Thank you for being honest with me and telling me in the first place that you do not serve foreigners and if you do then you lie about everything, thank you for reminding me that I'm nothing just a foreigner, thank you for letting me choose on the website that I'm a foreigner so you can send me to a store when you closed ALL OF THEM, Im looking forward to be your very good customer for the remaining 20 months.
Kind regards, and congratulations again with your amazing "policies".
icon

Beste antwoord door eric 26 september 2019, 12:40

Phone
For a phone with more than 10 euro loan per month, last year the law was changed. That is why not everybody can get a phone loan anymore. Under 10 euro, these laws are not applicable. So, your choice, buy a phone less than 240 euro or pay extra if you want a fancy one.

Unlimited
T-Mobile and Tele2 sell unlimited data subscriptions, but there is a Fair Use Policy of 5Gb per day. When that is used, you can "buy" 1 GB boosters for free in the app. This is to prevent that people use it as fixed line replacement instead of smartphone subscription.
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Phone
For a phone with more than 10 euro loan per month, last year the law was changed. That is why not everybody can get a phone loan anymore. Under 10 euro, these laws are not applicable. So, your choice, buy a phone less than 240 euro or pay extra if you want a fancy one.

Unlimited
T-Mobile and Tele2 sell unlimited data subscriptions, but there is a Fair Use Policy of 5Gb per day. When that is used, you can "buy" 1 GB boosters for free in the app. This is to prevent that people use it as fixed line replacement instead of smartphone subscription.
I do understand all these, my problem is that I was not informed about them in the first place and these are just things "popping up" every time I go there. 🙄
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Well, you can not "go" anymore to Tele2. All their shops are closed since 23-9-2019. They are an online provider now with low prices. If you want to go to a shop for an unlimited subscription, T-Mobile got plenty of them, that is a little bit more expensive.
Reputatie 4
Badge
@Gaborr
Have all your questions been answered or can I still help you with something?

Regards Petra
@Petra van Tele2
II don't really know what to say. I got some answers and now that I got the notification email about all this madness it just makes me mad again.
I read other posts with identical complaints.
If you are implementing discrimination polices why don't you inform people about it? Not on the site, not in the shops (previously) ?
I get it, sales-sales-sales then who cares if people complain because the contract binds them to you and they can't get away. Who cares that it is a pain...
Because of this and that the law and all that. Referring to what other people did and how they robbed the company with taking devices then not paying.. whatever. I find it a bit unrealistic that a large company cannot determine if a customer is reliable or not.
If I change my job they ask for reference. Would it be so hard to ask the possible customer to provide with some proof that he/she is reliable? Like I was already begging in the shop for god's sake I was a customer of another provider for 2 years and I had a contract + phone. Is that so unbelievable?
Anyway, I was told the last time when I called you 136372 times that I can get a phone in November, I'm looking forward to hear the next excuse why not. 😊
P.s: I am not trying to insult you @Petra van Tele2, it's just my opinion about the company and the policies.
Kind regards.
Reputatie 4
Badge
@Gaborr I understand your point of view and of course you can give your opinion, that's what the forum is for. But unfortunately I cannot mean anything to you here,
no excuse but we simply have conditions for a subscription with a device and not having a Dutch ID. What I am sorry to hear is that you have not been properly informed about this in our store.

Regards Petra
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
Not even a Dutch student would be able to get a loan for a phone now days if they don't have enough income to prove they can pay it, since around mid-2017 going through a income and expenses check is required by law.
Besides that companies can have stronger conditions when providing a loan for a cell phone in order to reduce fraud. Being a foreigner isn't that much of a problem, not having a Dutch ID or residence permission is.

You asked "different people" who claim they don't have the 5GB daily limit, well check your sources, cuz this is the rule since day one when T-Mobile and later Tele2 introduced 4G unlimited data plans, so I doubt anyone from either provider would not know that and misinform you.

As for the phone, there are hundreds of alternatives that costs between 300 and 400€ which is a affordable price for a phone, if you want something more expensive, sure, but you'll probably still have to pay part of it, it's not a human right rule to have access to the latest iphone.
@Rena Chan not misinformed, i was not informed.
I do not wish to have the latest phone, I'm a realist. I just want a new one since mine broke due to a bike accident back then (it was an iPhone 6, and it broke to a point where the screen was completely off and never turned on). What I have now for 3 months is an old galaxy s5 with a broken screen and damaged charger input (not the most handy when it comes to work as a delivery guy in the Netherlands [rain etc]).
The phone I tried to get from tele2 was either a Huawei p30 lite which is around €290 (so I dont even need to pay additionally with my contract) or a galaxy s10e (for which I need to pay that €290 as first installment to get it, but also it is factory water and impact proof as far as I know).
Reputatie 4
Badge

Vanwege de inactiviteit in dit topic zal ik deze gaan sluiten. Mochten er nog vragen zijn dan kun je een nieuw topic openen. 

Fijne dag! Groet Petra