beantwoord

Sim card wont connect abroad

• 1 August 2021
  • 18 reacties
  • 333 x bekeken

Hello, I am currently in Italy and since I am here my Sim just won't be connecting. Internet, calls and messages are unavailable 99% of the time. It was working perfectly before. Can you please help? I saw it happened to other people and you unlocked their roaming somehow. Could you do the same for me?

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 2 August 2021, 15:12

Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

18 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hi Gioia, I’d love to help you with this! I checked your account, but I don’t see a blockage for international roaming for you. Did you already try to fix this somehow? Or can you try to restart your phone and manually connect to a network?

Let us know, otherwise I’ll be happy to look into it more closely! :smile:

I already tried all these things and they don't work. It keeps connecting for a minute and then disconnecting completely. It's completely unacceptable.. it's been like this for more than 10 days now. I tried to call customer service and nobody could help me.

Hi Gioia, I’d love to help you with this! I checked your account, but I don’t see a blockage for international roaming for you. Did you already try to fix this somehow? Or can you try to restart your phone and manually connect to a network?

I already tried all these things and they don't work. It keeps connecting for a minute and then disconnecting completely. It's completely unacceptable.. it's been like this for more than 10 days now. I tried to call customer service and nobody could help me.

Could the Sim be damaged and cause these problems? Should I maybe replace it? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Can you test your Sim with an other phone? 

Hier hetzelfde...schoondochter, ook Tele2 klant heeft hetzelfde...gisteren met telefoon van vrouwlief half uur gebeld met klantenservice zonder resultaat...

Just tried, same problem. The sim looks a little scratched though, that's why I was hypothesizing it could be a solution to replace it.

I am now trying another sim on my phone and it works perfectly, so it is definitely not my phone 

Oh my god, now it has been working for a while on another phone. What does it mean?

To sum up: my doesn't work on my phone but it works on another phone. But when I put another sim in my phone, it works fine. What could the problem be?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

It is due to the contacts of the cardreader in the phone and it doesn’t looks rare. Of course, a new card can not hurt to try, but they can only send the card to your Dutch adress. Than you should have it when you will be back from holiday. Also, if there are phisical damages, this should have had it influence in the Netherlands as well. Until when did it function fine?

It is the cardreader in the phone and it doesn’t looks rare. Of course, a new card can not hurt to try, but they can only send the card to your Dutch adress. Than you should have it when you will be back from holiday. Also, if there are phisical damages, this should have had it influence in the Netherlands as well. Until when did it function fine?

Until I was in the Netherlands, I started having problems when I landed. But why does it read the other card just fine? I'm so confused 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Well, if the sim works well in another phone, it is most lickely that your phone got a problem. Maybe the contacts of the simcard reader of your phone are dirty / corrosive.  Maybe for the holiday, keep the sims in a working phone..

Well, if the sim works well in another phone, it is most lickely that your phone got a problem. Maybe the contacts of the simcard reader of your phone are dirty / corrosive.  

I have made several network related resets and now it has been working for 15 minutes, but it has worked for periods this long before. I will update you in a couple of hours!! If it will work and someone is interested I can mention the resets and changes I have made

Well, if the sim works well in another phone, it is most lickely that your phone got a problem. Maybe the contacts of the simcard reader of your phone are dirty / corrosive.  Maybe for the holiday, keep the sims in a working phone..

Never mind, it stopped working again

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Sorry we can't really help you. 

Order a new Sim, you can do that on mijntele2.tele2.nl.

When are you back in the Netherlands? 

I recently came back from holiday and had the same problems. Had connectivity issues in Italy and Croatia. It worked only a few times, and very slow. I had to use my friends hotspot the entire holiday.

Another friend of mine was also in Italy and had the same problems with Tele2.

Which providers does Tele2 have contracts with? I’m thinking about going to KPN, because they had perfect connection all the time. I’m going ot Portugal in August, and am worried i will be there without connection again.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hi @jelvada . Tele2 is using the roaming contracts of T-mobile NL.

They have a website which shows the networks you can (manually) connect to and which networks support 4G roaming.