vraag

SIM card online application not working

• 15 september 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 125 x bekeken

I’m having a lot of issues with signing up for a new SIM card with Tele2. I recently moved here and have received my residence permit and bank account. When I filled in my residence permit type & number on the online application, it rejected it, saying it’s invalid (???) so I tried it with a different ID type and that apparently worked for the online application. When an employee came to visit to verify, I told them about this and he tried to change it manually, but it wouldn’t allow him to change it so he said that I would have to fill out a second application after calling Tele2. I tried calling Tele2 at the number he gave me and after waiting 15 minutes on the line with no response I just gave up, and tried to fill out another application. This time I used my passport as identification, which worked, but then my application got rejected at the end (probably because the first application is still being “processed” despite already failing). What exactly do I do? This is very frustrating and there doesn’t seem to be any way to actually reach Tele2 customer service unless I end up staying for an hour on the line and get a massive telephone bill at the end of this month since I’m calling from an international number.

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

You need a Dutch ID if you apply for a subscription online with Tele2.nl

If you have A foreign ID, you can try to apply for a Tele2 subscription via retailers like MediaMarkt or belsimpel.nl

You need a Dutch ID if you apply for a subscription online with Tele2.nl

If you have A foreign ID, you can try to apply for a Tele2 subscription via retailers like MediaMarkt or belsimpel.nl

I have a Dutch residence permit as a student, however I am still a foreigner so should I apply via a retailer?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Dutch id's are dutch pasport, dutch driver license or dutch id card. Maybe even the retail does not accept a student resident permit, but give it a try!

Reputatie 5
Badge

Hey @samirsaidi,

Welcome on the Community!Thank you for your clear explanation.How nice of you to choose us, that's really amazing. We are going to help you become a customer right away!   

So you want to take out a monthly mobile plan with Tele2, but you don’t have a Dutch passport? That is why you’ve stumbled across some difficulties on the website when you wanted to order one. It's not possible to take out a mobile plan on www.tele2.nl without having a Dutch passport.Exactly what @eric explains to you. I’m sorry for that. But don’t worry, there are other ways to get a Tele2 subscription! Check out this topic with information, it tells you everything you need to know. The trick is that you can get a Tele2 subscription via www.belsimpel.nl or www.mobiel.nl. You can choose either one of these websites.  Let me know if it works. I am here for you! :thumbsup:

Hey @samirsaidi,

Welcome on the Community!Thank you for your clear explanation.How nice of you to choose us, that's really amazing. We are going to help you become a customer right away!   

So you want to take out a monthly mobile plan with Tele2, but you don’t have a Dutch passport? That is why you’ve stumbled across some difficulties on the website when you wanted to order one. It's not possible to take out a mobile plan on www.tele2.nl without having a Dutch passport.Exactly what @eric explains to you. I’m sorry for that. But don’t worry, there are other ways to get a Tele2 subscription! Check out this topic with information, it tells you everything you need to know. The trick is that you can get a Tele2 subscription via www.belsimpel.nl or www.mobiel.nl. You can choose either one of these websites.  Let me know if it works. I am here for you! :thumbsup:

I tried applying via Mediamarkt and my residence permit + bank card were accepted but the process failed at the end, maybe because the application was submitted too close to the first one? They told me to go to the Tele2 store in Eindhoven; not sure if there is one here though. I can’t find it on Google Maps :(

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

All the tele2 stores are closed! 

Try mobiel.nl

You can also whattsapp and phone to mobiel.nl 

Reageer