beantwoord

Re: €53,01 for 4,10 Mb data (without using it!)

• 27 februari 2018
  • 3 reacties
  • 108 x bekeken

Last week posted this issue ("I am pretty upset with Tele2 for the fact that it charged €53,01 for 4,10 Mb data usage (factuur NL1801838914). This simply ridiculous charge, because it had happened during a trip, without actually using anything. I tried to contact Tele2 but it's not easy to get hold of its customer service.)"
Someone was quick to point "[it] is your responsibility to keep data and roaming off". Wow, thanks, but knowing Tele2 for at least 4 years, I wasn't going to be silly enough to do that. I've forever kept 'data roaming off' (and I would like to challenge Tele2 to prove otherwise!)
Then, I also noticed "JeroenK van Tele2" saying s/he will close the post because there is no activities. Is this forum just for comments to role around 24/7? I assume people are busy with other things as well... Anyway, s/he could have better advised how to connect with Tele2 Invoice makers!
icon

Beste antwoord door Mark van Tele2 28 februari 2018, 16:45

Hi bg4pg,

The data specified on your invoice is are data connections that were registered from your mobile phone. We have no option to activate this connection on your phone. When you use data abroad the prices which you can find on this page on our website will be charged. Unfortunately we cannot compensate you for this amount, because the data usage is the responsibility of the owner of the subscription. If you have any questions about this i'll gladly help you here.

Mark
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1
Challenging Tele2 to prove otherwise is not an option, because Tele2 can’t measure any settings on your phone. Your phone controls the data stream.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
(and I would like to challenge Tele2 to prove otherwise!)

The proof you want, that data was used during your trip is in the invoice specification.
Time, location and how much data was used.

You say that roaming was off, yet somehow your phone had data connection.

Did you turned off too late?
Turned back on by accident?
A software bug caused a data connection? This is not unheard of, although is quite rare.

The legal responsibility of the provider is to warn you about the costs of using call, messaging and data services abroad, and to cut your data connection after you hit ~60€ of extra costs.

Then, I also noticed "JeroenK van Tele2", who, instead of saying anything substantial, or at the very least, directing its customer to discuss with an appropriate department/staff, wrote that he will close the post because there is no activities. Is this forum just for comments to role around 24/7? I assume people are busy other things to do as well, aren't they? In other words, Tele2 it's not the way to try and shut customers up!

The topic was left inactive for 7 days, it was closed but with the clear message that you could just open another one in case you had further questions, and so you did.

Besides in the OG topic (and in this one as well) is not quite clear what your request is.

You wanna ask if a refund is possible?
Specification of the data session? (Although this one can be found in the invoice).
Reputatie 4
Badge
Hi bg4pg,

The data specified on your invoice is are data connections that were registered from your mobile phone. We have no option to activate this connection on your phone. When you use data abroad the prices which you can find on this page on our website will be charged. Unfortunately we cannot compensate you for this amount, because the data usage is the responsibility of the owner of the subscription. If you have any questions about this i'll gladly help you here.

Mark