beantwoord

Phone contract with European ID card

• 26 maart 2017
  • 7 reacties
  • 456 x bekeken

A couple of hours ago, I tried to get a new phone contract but was denied under the premises of the validity of my ID card.

I have a valid European identity card and would like to know why tele2 denies expats the possibility to have a mobile phone contract ?
https://www.government.nl/topics/identification-documents/contents/compulsory-identification

I'm also a former customer from tele2 home internet.
icon

Beste antwoord door eric 26 maart 2017, 21:47

You can only get a Tele2 subscriber via a retailer. For example mediamarkt or www.mobiel.nl
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You can only get a Tele2 subscriber via a retailer. For example mediamarkt or www.mobiel.nl
I did the request over belsimpel.nl for an hawei P10 with a 2 year contract. I even fork some money in advance and now I have to wait to get it back.
I believe this is just another online retailer silmilar to mobiel.nl

According to their customer service , the denial comes from tele2, so why is tele2 denying European expats the same rights has Dutch customers. According to my understandings of European law this situation is discrimination based on identity.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
There is no law to force a comapany to sell a subscription to you. If Tele2 does not want to give you a subscription, the only thing what you can do is choose another provider. Belsimpel.nl can do that as well as they sell subscriptions from all the providers in the Netherlands.
Indeed, but there are laws against denying the same conditions when trying to obtain a service/product between European citizens.
I'm not forcing anything, but I can demand and expect the same conditions of access.

So again, I'm asking why I'm been denied the possibility of getting the same treatment ?
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You talk here with other customers, so we can not look into your specific case. But when providers do a credit check, people are refused a subscription with an expensive phone when they live in a neighberhood where bad dept is high. As you probably do not have a living adress where you are registered in the GBA ( gemeentelijke burger administratie) that is also a risk. Maybe you should try to get a simonly, there risks are lower and operators might be more open to grant that credit to you. Last option is to get a prepaid card which every operator will grant you as there is no credit risk.
Reputatie 4
Badge
Hi Manuel,

Ofcourse it should be possible for (for example) expats to have a mobile phone contract with Tele2. The only possibility is trough one of our partners. Belsimpel.nl is one of our partners. Unfortunately, i am not able to check why your application for a new contract is denied. Have you asked Belsimpel for an explanation? When they are not sure, they can always contact the Tele2 dealerdesk to check whether or not something did go wrong.

Mark

(@eric: Thanks for your input!)
Reputatie 4
Badge
Hi Manuel,

I did not receive any reaction from you anymore. I have closed this topic, if you have any questions you can start a new topic.

Mark