beantwoord

New Abbonement - EU Roaming

• 4 april 2016
  • 5 reacties
  • 308 x bekeken

Dear Tele2,

Apologies for writing this in English.

After hearing about the new EU roaming bundles (After 30th April) I decided to take out a sim only contract today.

While setting up the MijnTele2 account I stumbled upon this forum and saw that another user had mentioned having no roaming connection while abroad in the EU

I called the helpdesk thinking that just cant be possible, but ofcourse. No roaming (EU/non EU) possible till two bills are paid.

Tele2:

* Can you imagine all the hundreds of people who will take out new contracts with you to have internet for the upcoming summer vacation, given your new EU internet bundles, and find out once they get abroad that they have absolutely zero connection. Can you imagine how that would play out for your public image, not to mention those people being stuck with no connectivity on holiday.

* Nowhere in the ordering process I saw any information regarding the 'Nieuwe Klant Blokkade'. I believe this is your corporate responsibility to clearly mention this in the new order process. Or atleast mention this in the 'Buitenland' section.

* The irony, the EU regulation for roaming is geared for one single EU telco region, basically the concept of EU roaming is now redundant. Please wake up Tele2.

OK this is a rant, but living in 2016 I clearly didnt see this coming. Non EU roaming blokkade I would have understood, but EU roaming blokkade?
icon

Beste antwoord door Rick van Tele2 6 april 2016, 12:37

Dear drknuckleberry,

You don't have to apologise yourself for contacting us in English :)

I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are currently thinking about how to communicate this anti-fraud method. We are also investigating ways to avoid this inconvenience. In example by asking for a payment in advance. As you know, this is unfortunately not possible at this time :(

I want to thank you again for contacting us and hope we have some good news for you in the near future :)

Regards,
Rick
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

5 reacties

Is this even legal?

* I order a service mentioned with all the extra perks, and there is a hidden / not mentioned condition that is only applied after ordering!
I had to laugh, from one of the other online forums:

"Dan ga ik nooit Tele2 nemen als het niet mogelijk is om een borg te betalen. Het is dan echt de jaren '90."

"Sorry voor de verwarring maar bij T-Mobile kun je direct na activatie van je abonnement gebruik maken van Travel & Surf. De beperking geldt dus bij Tele2! Iedereen die daar in mei/juni klant wordt zit in de zomervakantie zonder telefoon in het buitenland"

Please mention this in the ordering process, people who will become subscribers in the next month or so will have no connection while they are on holiday and the klantenservice shall have lots of screaming unhappy campers.

Personally I have gone over to Vodafone.

If anything changes in this policy please update hereon. I shall gladly take out a contract. Thank you.
Reputatie 4
Badge +3
Dear drknuckleberry,

You don't have to apologise yourself for contacting us in English :)

I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are currently thinking about how to communicate this anti-fraud method. We are also investigating ways to avoid this inconvenience. In example by asking for a payment in advance. As you know, this is unfortunately not possible at this time :(

I want to thank you again for contacting us and hope we have some good news for you in the near future :)

Regards,
Rick
Hi Rick,

Thanks for atleast acknowledging this post.

Hopefully the business and IT gurus by you can figure out a way to accept a security deposit for the first two months.

Like I said, people who become customers during these days shall be nothing but frustrated when they find out while on holiday.

Good luck! :)

Regards.
K
Reputatie 4
Badge +3
Acknowledging is the least that I can do. I hope we find a solution soon!

Have a nice day!