It all started longer than a month ago. I had received various emails informing me about the new Tele2 app, and how my account would be migrated seamlessly and all I’d need to do would be to sign into the new app.
This is how it went:
- Migration started
- Old Tele2 app stopped working, new Tele2 app always redirected me to old app.
- MijnTele2 login works, but as soon as my account loads I get an error message and can’t interact in any way
- Within a week (more or less, hard for me to know), I stopped being able to receive calls. People would just land on my voice mail instantly, and I would not receive any missed calls notifications.
- When I eventually noticed this, I reached out to customer service. They said I just had to wait 2 days for the migration to complete. Hmmm, sure.
- Over the course of the 3 following days, my internet (4G) stopped working
- Within another day or two, I was unable to receive text messages.
Every time I noticed some further degradation of service, I got in touch with customer support (thankfully I was still able to place calls, for some reason). That’s 30-40 minutes each time, waiting in queue, repeating what my issues were and getting transferred over and over again.
Anyhow, fast forward a few days, I receive a brand new sim card through post. No one said they’d send it but, ok. I try it out, and of course, it needs to be activated. I can’t receive calls nor text messages, my customer account doesn’t work on either apps nor website. Can’t ACTIVATE MY NEW SIM CARD.
Queue another chat with Customer Support, after a painful conversation explaining the situation, I get told they can’t activate the sim card for me. Great. At this point I lose all hope, and somehow the agent then finally comes back on their statement and decides that they can actually give it a try. My new sim card is finally activated, and everything quickly seems to come back online. I receive missed calls notifications, 4g works, can place & receive calls. My online customer portal seems to be accessible again (although both apps are still non-functioning).
So, all good then, right?
Nope. Last friday, I am again notified by friends that I cannot receive calls, they land on my voicemail directly. So of course → back to Customer Support. This time, I inform them that this has lasted long enough, and it will be my decision to terminate my contract with them should these issues persist any longer. They tell me a technician will look at it yet again and solve it asap.
Yesterday, I noticed my phone now constantly displays ‘No Signal’. Today, this is still the case. I cannot call, I cannot be called, NOTHING WORKS.
I’m desperately trying to get through a human on the chat, but the chatbox for the new system automatically tries to redirect me to a LANDLINE. I CAN’T CALL. No matter what I type in there I cannot get someone through chat.
So here I am, in a final effort to get any sort of support, not knowing whether any of this will ever be resolved.
If this doesn’t work by this Friday, then it’ll be goodbye Tele2.