beantwoord

Iphone XR - existing customer cannot buy it online

• 1 september 2019
  • 11 reacties
  • 210 x bekeken

Hello,
i'm trying to extend my contract with a phone but for some reasons I cannot do that, as I don't have a Dutch passport (although I am a EU citizen) - it asks me to go to a winkel.

Two questions:

1) can you fix this? It's quite an issue to have to go to a winkel for every change. I've been already registered with tele2 for years and you have all my relevant data
2) the promotion for iphone xr expires at midnight, so for that reason I won't be able to access it : is there any way to be able to get the same conditions from tomorrow in the store?

Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Petra van Tele2 3 september 2019, 15:21

@eemgee Hi,

If you want to extend your contract and you do not have a Dutch ID card, this is only possible through one of our stores or online via www.mobiel.nl or www.gsmweb.nl. Also when we allready have your ID, for every new contract there are checks that must be done, especially when it comes to a device loan.

The promotion, the so called the "Dit Wil Ik Weken" for, among others the iPhone, has been extended to today!
So go quickly to the website of one of our retailers and place your order today and take advantage of the promotion!

If you still want to cancel, you can do so via our cancellation department at 020 - 75 444 65

Regards Petra
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge
Unfortunately the service desk isn’t open in weekends, so you won’t be able to buy it today nor will get an answer from a Tele2 moderator today. Maybe shops like mobiel.nl will accept your ID, but since they pass the order through to Tele2 I am not sure about that.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Voor buitenlander zijn er toch wat eisen aan de legitimatie bij alle providers. Belsimpel heeft een mooi overzicht: Id's
Ga op deze pagina naar de veelgestelde vragen: "Wat als ik geen Nederlands legitimatiebewijs heb?" Online kan Tele2 geen buitenlandse Id's verwerken. Dus wel in een Tele2 winkel of via retailers.
Thanks, but tele2 has alraedy my ID, as I've been a customer for 2 years, this is quite a nonsense to be honest..

Also, as they are shutting down stores (haarlem is closed, apparently) this will force me to cancel my subscription as I'm discriminated against other customers - this is also against EU rules as any citizen should have access to the same conditions.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Niets discriminerends aan. Jii wilt een lening afsluiten waarmee er een duur toestel wordt gekocht. Buitenlandse id's kunnen niet online worden geverifieerd. Je kunt bij alle winkels EN retailers (ook online) terecht. Die laatste hebben ontwikkelingen gedaan die ze bij elke provider kunnen hergebruiken.
Reputatie 7
Badge
Thanks, but tele2 has alraedy my ID, as I've been a customer for 2 years, this is quite a nonsense to be honest..

Also, as they are shutting down stores (haarlem is closed, apparently) this will force me to cancel my subscription as I'm discriminated against other customers - this is also against EU rules as any citizen should have access to the same conditions.

Especially if you want a loan for the new phone, Tele2 is legally obliged to ask for more information e.g. a recent ID.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
You can order online at any other reseller or at a Tele2 store (although they are shutting down some stores indeed).

The online system cannot process non-dutch IDs, don't ask me why but this is like this since 2016 at least. All orders made with a non-dutch ID have to be done via a reseller or via a Tele2 shop. Any further discussion on this topic won't change the matter.

You can always present a complain if you think the website should provide the option to accept a non-dutch ID.
I understand, I believe this is a non-sense as they already have my bank data (for credit check) and documents. It will be interesting to know how the company expects to do business with non-dutch nationals once they shut down all their stores, as apparently everyone here is convinced that tele2 systems cannot and should not ever be upgraded.

Thanks for your help anyway, I hope I will be at least able to cancel my subscription from the website even though I'm just an EU citizen and not Dutch 😞
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You need to call customer care to cancell a subscription. This is not possible online. When you obtain a new subscription from t-mobile you can select there " number porting" and than automatically the Tele2 subscription will be cancelled within 1 month. Than after that period the new subscription will become active.
Reputatie 4
Badge
@eemgee Hi,

If you want to extend your contract and you do not have a Dutch ID card, this is only possible through one of our stores or online via www.mobiel.nl or www.gsmweb.nl. Also when we allready have your ID, for every new contract there are checks that must be done, especially when it comes to a device loan.

The promotion, the so called the "Dit Wil Ik Weken" for, among others the iPhone, has been extended to today!
So go quickly to the website of one of our retailers and place your order today and take advantage of the promotion!

If you still want to cancel, you can do so via our cancellation department at 020 - 75 444 65

Regards Petra
Reputatie 4
Badge
@eemgee Have you allready managed to place an extension?
Reputatie 4
Badge
Since I have not received an answer I will close this topic. If there are any questions you can open a new topic.

Good day! Greetings Petra