beantwoord

I am unable to activate roaming for my number

• 23 April 2022
  • 10 reacties
  • 500 x bekeken

Hi, 

I'm now abroad (in Belgium as of right now but will be in Italy tomorrow noon) but it seems the roaming setting for my number was not activated and therefore cannot use my number. My number wasn't linked to my tele2 app and I can't link it now since I can't get SMS so I'm unable to change my roaming setting for my number. I really need to be able to use my number as soon as possible so I would be grateful if someone can help me. 

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 23 April 2022, 22:51

Bekijk origineel bericht

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Do you have a new subscription with a new number? Than roaming is barred until two invoices are paid.

Do you have a new subscription with a new number? Than roaming is barred until two invoices are paid.

I have paid my first invoice last 25 march. Does it mean it will be activated this 25 april? If not is there something i can do to activate it?

Reputatie 5
Badge +6

Hi @mertyessilyurt

Welcome to the Tele2 Community and welcome to Tele2! You can do internet abroad directly, as soon as you are posted with Tele2! Did you sign up for a subscription without number portability? Then the first 2 months there are some restrictions regarding calling and texting abroad. When abroad you cannot call other foreign numbers. You can only call Dutch numbers.

What kind of problems are you experiencing exactly? Can you also manually select the network? Let us know, so you can use internet abroad soon! 

Hi @mertyessilyurt

Welcome to the Tele2 Community and welcome to Tele2! You can do internet abroad directly, as soon as you are posted with Tele2! Did you sign up for a subscription without number portability? Then the first 2 months there are some restrictions regarding calling and texting abroad. When abroad you cannot call other foreign numbers. You can only call Dutch numbers.

What kind of problems are you experiencing exactly? Can you also manually select the network? Let us know, so you can use internet abroad soon! 

I can't use my line at all. Since I have left the Netherlands, it only says "Emergency calls only". Let alone calling or messaging Dutch numbers, I cannot even be called or get messages in short I can't use my number at all. So sadly I cant choose the network alone.

Reputatie 5
Badge +6

Hi @mertyessilyurt

So I suspect that in this case you are talking about calling, being called and texting. As I mentioned above, it is true that there are some restrictions in the first two months. If you are able to use the internet, it's all right and it works as it should! The restrictions will disappear automatically after two months. If you have any more questions, please let us know. Then we will do our best again! 😊

Hi @mertyessilyurt

So I suspect that in this case you are talking about calling, being called and texting. As I mentioned above, it is true that there are some restrictions in the first two months. If you are able to use the internet, it's all right and it works as it should! The restrictions will disappear automatically after two months. If you have any more questions, please let us know. Then we will do our best again! 😊

Like i said, I can not use anything (not calling/being called, texting or internet). I literally cant use my phone/number for anything at all. My question is how to fix this without waiting as i need it now.

Reputatie 5
Badge +6

Internet should just work! In which country are you now? Then I can check with which provider you should be able to connect! Calling and / or texting to a foreign number is not possible, as I said because you are in the first two months of your contract. 

Please let me know in which country you are? Then I'll look for you with which provider you can connect, so you can use internet abroad. 

according to first post : Italy   😀

Internet should just work! In which country are you now? Then I can check with which provider you should be able to connect! Calling and / or texting to a foreign number is not possible, as I said because you are in the first two months of your contract. 

Please let me know in which country you are? Then I'll look for you with which provider you can connect, so you can use internet abroad. 

I'm in Italy right now. But (after six days) I will be in Spain on Sunday.

For your information, i dont have any given access points under the roaming settings.

My case is I have been using Tele2 since Feb 2022 and now I’m in Poland, my number does not have signal at all. I can’t use my EU internet quota at all.

i cannot call customer service as my number does not have any connection to call.

Reageer