beantwoord

EU calling still expensive

• 16 januari 2018
  • 8 reacties
  • 657 x bekeken

• Aan het warmlopen
  • 3 reacties
Hi, I recently became a client of Tele2 mobile and while this is the first thing it says on the website: "Data-en Bel/SMS-bundel geldig in de hele EU" it is completely untrue.
I've just been charged 70 euros for 70 minutes of calling to another EU country ...
Can someone please explain?
icon

Beste antwoord door Rena Chan 16 januari 2018, 12:03

Calling from any EU country to the Netherlands or other EU country falls inside the new roaming rules.

Calling from the Netherlands to another country is a normal international call, and it's not included in your bundle.
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2
Calling from any EU country to the Netherlands or other EU country falls inside the new roaming rules.

Calling from the Netherlands to another country is a normal international call, and it's not included in your bundle.
But that was not clear from the start and I didn't sign up for this and I wouldn't if I knew this.
I asked the same at the counter in Rotterdam and they told me it's covered.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
Well, I wasn't there so I cannot know what have you been told or how you understand it.

There has been a huge amount of misunderstanding with the new EU rules, they apply for roaming only and people assumed it would also cover international calls made from mobile phones and even landlines, so forums and other sides are full or stories of people who where unaware of this.

But unless you're in your 14 days tryout periode, or you have a monthly contract, I'm afraid you can't cancel it for free, since you signed and accepted the terms and conditions and the costs for extra services.

As for the advertisement, the translation is: "your MBs/minutes/SMS are valid in the whole EU" meaning when roaming in the EU, not "your minutes are valid for calls to the eu".
Hi Rena,
Thank for the answer.
Related to this: "As for the advertisement, the translation is: "your MBs/minutes/SMS are valid in the whole EU" meaning when roaming in the EU, not "your minutes are valid for calls to the eu"." That is your understanding, not the clear definition of it. Because in a law suit, they wouldn't care what you actually want to say, but what it says.

There's not even a clear way to get an extra bundel for calling outside of the Netherlands, which I've been told is in MijnTele2. Any ideas for that? Otherwise I will just cancel this very expensive mistake since I have the monthly one.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2

There's not even a clear way to get an extra bundel for calling outside of the Netherlands, which I've been told is in MijnTele2. Any ideas for that? Otherwise I will just cancel this very expensive mistake since I have the monthly one.

Sadly there isn't any option to get any international calling package, I guess your option will be to try another provider that has free calls to EU.

Be aware that there is a month cancellation period, so cancelling today (or traslnsfering your number) will mean that you'll still be Clint for a month.
Wow, seriously, this is a really bad deal then.
I mean it comes to 1 euro / minute to just call outside, which even before with other providers it was cheaper.

I would like make an official complaint about this, not just a forum submission. How could I do that?
I mean everything about this was very bad, from not even helping when I tried to make the contract, to making this cost information very hidden.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
Indeed, if you call often the EU, you can find better deals somewhere else.

A complain to Tele2 can be made here: https://www.tele2.nl/klantenservice/klachtenformulier/

The prices for calling EU and USA are here: https://www.tele2.nl/mobiel/tarieven/buitenland/
Reputatie 5
Badge
Vanwege de inactiviteit in dit topic zal ik deze gaan sluiten. Mochten er nog vragen zijn dan kun je een nieuw topic openen. Fijne dag! Jeroen