beantwoord

[English] Taking over contract mobile while retaining the same number, no dutch ID

• 21 mei 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 216 x bekeken

Hi everyone :)

I am an expat and some years ago a Dutch friend of mine got this number for me. I would like to take the contract over under my own name, I saw that this is possible on the website but only if we both have a dutch ID, which I don't. I went to the shop and they told me that there is a way to this by getting a lebara free prepaid sim card and port the number there, then port it back to tele2 exactly one month after getting the first sim.

The thing is, I have no idea how to do any of that and I would like a bit more step-to-step guidance :)

Thank you very much to anyone who could help me in this

Luca
icon

Beste antwoord door Arjan van Tele2 21 mei 2019, 12:06

Hi Bishop23,

1.get a lebara prepaid and ask porting for your number
2. once that,s done, go to te Tele2 store , make your subscription with porting from Lebara.
Basically that's it, the term of notice at Lebare is one month, so numberporting takes one month.

Kind regards,

Arjan
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

4 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge
Hi Bishop23,

2. once that,s done, go to te Tele2 store , make your subscription with porting from Lebara.
Basically that's it, the term of notice at Lebare is one month, so numberporting takes one month.

Kind regards,

Arjan
Hi Bishop23,

Kind regards,

Arjan

Thank you, Aryan. I will attempt that and post here the results, for future reference. I kindly ask the mods to keep the thread open for a month or so, for that reason
Everything went according to plan:

1) get a Lebara simcard for free
2) activate it and immediately ask to port the number onto it (takes one month)
3) once the number is ported, go to the tele2 store with passport+proof of residence
4) you will get a tele2 simcard and to port your number onto it, it takes 3 days

worth mentioning that if you don't have dutch nationality you cannot get the same phone subscriptions. In other words, if you want to get a phone with your new tele2 simcard, you have to pay a certain amount upfront, the maximum amount you can pay on a monthly basis, for a 2-year contract is 10 euros, so 240 euros in total. I bought my samsung s10 with it and I had to pay 400-something at the store
Reputatie 6
Badge
Well Done!!