Discrimination against non-Dutch

• 12 januari 2018
  • 13 reacties
  • 716 x bekeken

Today I was trying to order a deal from Tele2 online. After completing 2-3 steps I was welcomed by the screen, where the order abruptly stops and the message is just essentially "go ...k yourself". Any why? Because I don't have a Dutch passport.

No offer to call, no telephone number, just essentially "go ...k yourself". In comparison, Dutch citizens can simply continue order:

What the hell, people? Have you lost any sense of decency? How can you consider yourselves a tolerant / international country when a legal resident is unable to order things in a reasonable way? Or at least given a way out of inconvenience in a more friendly manner? You ain't much if you ain't Dutch, huh?

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2
Aren't you seeing things that aren't there? The website says clearly (and you can use Google translate for that) to visit a Tele2 shop, a totally different message than what you're reading.

Just the website system in the back end is not prepared to handle other documents other than a Dutch ID or Passport.

The Tele2 webshop used to direct users to Belsimpel.nl or Mobiel.nl to complete the order, since the renewal it doesn't say it anymore, but you can still order there.

Both partners shoo have the means of completing a request for users with an EU passport or a foreigner ID card.

And you probably will get your phone much faster when ordering through one of those shops anyways.
Aren't you seeing things that aren't there? The website says clearly (and you can use Google translate for that) to visit a Tele2 shop, a totally different message than what you're reading.

It does not say it literally, but figuratively - it does. Maybe you aren't seeing it because of the lack of empathy? And I can read Dutch fairly well, there is no need for condescending comments about Google Translate, thanks...

I'm sure that Tele2 could have offered far better solutions to this inconvenience, since they already collected all my essential data on previous steps, including phone number and address, but they chose to just rudely abrupt my order. So it's clear that Tele2 is not interested in non-Dutch clients. And it makes it impossible for me to go the shop, because I don't want to comply to segregation policies in 2018
You can call (free) the Sales department of Tele2 and ask what you (and they) can do about this: 0800 1602
Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Maybe you aren't seeing it because of the lack of empathy?

Empathy for? 😕 Assuming we're reading the same lines, with or without Google translate, all it says is that to complete an order with a foreigner ID you need to visit a Tele2 shop, and I've added the option of making the order via a retailer.

I'm sure that Tele2 could have offered far better solutions to this inconvenience,

Like I said, their system is not prepared to handle requests using a EU passport or a foreigners ID card, the only thing they can do is redirect you to other places where you can make your oder.

They used to advise costumers to go to Belsimpel.nl or mobiel.nl to make the order. This advise has been taken down since the renewal of the website.

I've put out a question of why they have taken it down, it was a far more useful advise.

You can call (free) the Sales department of Tele2 and ask what you (and they) can do about this: 0800 1602

Up until a month or so ago, the telephone sales team also advised costumers with a foreigner ID to order via Belsimpel or Mobiel.nl
Reputatie 3
Badge
Hi Concerned citizen,

Like Rena Chan explained, you can place your order via Belsimpel or Mobiel.nl, or visit one of our shops.

It's not possible to arrange something with our Sales Department, because they work with the same systems as we do.

Regards,

Hinke
Reputatie 6
Badge +1

It does not say it literally, but figuratively - it does. Maybe you aren't seeing it because of the lack of empathy? And I can read Dutch fairly well, there is no need for condescending comments about Google Translate, thanks...

I'm sure that Tele2 could have offered far better solutions to this inconvenience, since they already collected all my essential data on previous steps, including phone number and address, but they chose to just rudely abrupt my order. So it's clear that Tele2 is not interested in non-Dutch clients. And it makes it impossible for me to go the shop, because I don't want to comply to segregation policies in 2018

Tele2 real stone shops or a webshop like www.mobiel.nl Don't whine any longer, take it or leave it!
Reputatie 5
Badge
Today I was trying to order a deal from Tele2 online. After completing 2-3 steps I was welcomed by the screen, where the order abruptly stops and the message is just essentially "go ...k yourself". Any why? Because I don't have a Dutch passport.

No offer to call, no telephone number, just essentially "go ...k yourself". In comparison, Dutch citizens can simply continue order:

What the hell, people? Have you lost any sense of decency? How can you consider yourselves a tolerant / international country when a legal resident is unable to order things in a reasonable way? Or at least given a way out of inconvenience in a more friendly manner? You ain't much if you ain't Dutch, huh?

And this is where you have to stop... 🙄
Saying that we are not tolerant, blah blah blah... well call Tele2 and complain there, idont like it when people from foreign countries dont like what rules and laws there are here
.. I think.. well of you think that way about us just please leave and go back...🙄 im no racist but im kinda done with this... i know that The Netherlands still is a very open country.. compared to others so... if you just were acting normal here we would help you right away but yeah 😅
Reputatie 6
Badge +1
Yep, maybe it helps when @concern citizen yells in Dutch, I don't know, greetz anyway
Btw. nice new logo!!! maybe T-Mobile joins the club :-)

Reputatie 5
Badge
Yep, maybe it helps when @concern citizen yells in Dutch, I don't know, greetz anyway
Btw. nice new logo!!! maybe T-Mobile joins the club :-)

Ben alvast voorbereid voor wanneer Tele2 en T-Mobile echt samengaan 😉
Saying that we are not tolerant, blah blah blah... well call Tele2 and complain there, idont like it when people from foreign countries dont like what rules and laws there are here
.. I think.. well of you think that way about us just please leave and go back...🙄 im no racist but im kinda done with this... i know that The Netherlands still is a very open country.. compared to others so... if you just were acting normal here we would help you right away but yeah 😅

I don't know what is so not "normal" about my original posting, maybe it is a bit substandard, because I was upset of being treated as a second-class resident in the country I am helping with my expertise, - but yours is certainly far lower...

Are you really telling me to "leave and go back" and then preaching me about openness and normalcy in the same posting? This is called "hypocrisy" in the outside world, maybe you should learn that word today. Along with "empathy", - google it up, mate...
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
I think the discussion in this topic is way derailing too much away from the original question.

I stand corrected, on a Tele2 shop they are able to help costumers with forefinger passport/IDs since they use another intern system.

As for the website, there isn't much else that can be done right now, you feel discriminated, so you can use the Complain form.
Reputatie 5
Badge

I don't know what is so not "normal" about my original posting, maybe it is a bit substandard, because I was upset of being treated as a second-class resident in the country I am helping with my expertise, - but yours is certainly far lower...

Are you really telling me to "leave and go back" and then preaching me about openness and normalcy in the same posting? This is called "hypocrisy" in the outside world, maybe you should learn that word today. Along with "empathy", - google it up, mate...

Yeah but you are not a second class resident.. so dont feel that way because its not.
About the leave and go back.. it was the tone you used in the OP... i got the feeling you were trying to use like you people are racist and treating me bad for this. If i may be honest with you im fed up with people doing that so its not you in general.

People on this forum gave you some options, dont want to do it that way? Well there are tons of other providers to choose of. Goodluck.
Reputatie 3
Badge
Because there is no activity anymore, I will close this topic.