beantwoord

Contract did not mention starting in 4 months automatically

• 24 January 2022
  • 30 reacties
  • 442 x bekeken

• Snapt hoe het werkt
  • 11 reacties

Hi, 

I have signed up for a sim-card subscription and requested to keep my number (13th of August, I believe, 2021).

I received a sim card that with a note that said that I cannot use it until my contract starts. And that I will receive my contract soon. 

I received a contract indeed. And then I received a message on my phone that I cannot change abonnements because my old contract isn’t over ( with a different service provider) and I  have to wait for it to end. 

So I assumed that the number exchange and my subscription cannot go through. There was no communication about my subscription started for 5 months. Until in January I receive a random invoice (Kenmerk: 2223/1.20942296) for 18 euros that is said to be take on the 26th of Jan automatically. I cannot use the “factuur uitleggen” service , I get (Je hebt geen rechten om deze pagina te bekijken.
Probeer een van onderstaande opties om verder te gaan.) . 

In conclusion, I do not understand what the 18 euros invoice is for. Does that mean you are starting my subscription 5 months later after I ordered it with the other number? I did not see anything about this in the contract. Also, I am aware that I could only cancel the contract within 2 weeks after order. But I did not get any indication that it will go through with the other number even after decline from my previous provider. 

Please, help because that is a lot of money paying for two subscriptions for like a year. 

Aziya

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 25 January 2022, 03:46

Bekijk origineel bericht

30 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

The contract with your old provider had a certain end date that had to be respected. 4 months before that enddate you can already sign a new contract with a new provider and ask for number porting. The old provider will keep the subscription alive and charge you until the porting date. Tele2 will start their service and invoice on the day of the porting. So you will not have multiple invoices.

As the porting happened somewhere last year, the Tele2 sim should be alive and it will generate invoices. Free cancellation is indeed two weeks after the simonly order. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Aziya, firstly welcome to our Community and our Tele2 family!

What @eric says is totally correct. I saw that you placed your order on August 11th, which is indeed 4 months before your subscription started on December 11th (and when your old subscription at your previous provider ended). I can see that you didn’t use your subscription in December and I think you missed our text message about the start of your subscription on 11 December, because you didn’t have your new sim card in your phone?

I will compensate the € 18 for December for you. This means that you will see a discount of € 18 on your next invoice. Please put your new sim card in your phone and see if everything works. (Calls, text and internet), from now on you can use and enjoy your subscription with us.

Please let me know if everything is OK now! we'd love to hear from you! :smile:

And then I received a message on my phone that I cannot change abonnements because my old contract isn’t over ( with a different service provider) and I  have to wait for it to end. 

So I assumed that the number exchange and my subscription cannot go through.

Aziya

If I read this correctly Aziya assumed there was no contract anymore because of this message, and by now has already arranged a contract elsewhere. @Marciano van Tele2 I don't think Aziya wants this contract at tele2 at all, because the message sent by tele2 made her believe it wasn't possible to have the contract at all.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

A new contract will not end by itself if the number porting is too much ahead in time.  Messages about porting are not send in English, so what Aziya wrote here was a translation by herself. But it looks like the subscription has started in the 11th of December, than the contract with the old provider has stopped.

I am sure that has become clear to Aziya as well, as is stated in the  original post, however repeating that point, nor reading past the problem Aziya is informing about does nothing towards solving the problem Aziya is presented with. Aziya is clearly indicating that there are two subscriptions now that need to be paid.

Perhaps information about if it's possible to cancel Aziya's subscription with as little financial consequences as possible, and if possible, how to do so would serve the purpose of trying to help Aziya better? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Let’s wait and see what Aziya wants and needs in stead of speak on her behalf. 

We’re here to help and I think with the answers given now, we’ve already provided valuable and new information. :blush:

Hi, 

Thank you so much to everyone who got involved in my issue and helped!

Shilka is absolutely correct. I am stuck now paying for both contracts. From August to January I did not receive any emails on the fact that my contract is starting in 4-5 months. So I was assured the subscription did not get through because the port was not possible. Also, nothing like that was mentioned in the contract.

If I received an invoice starting from September-October that would ring at least some bell that it is still happening. 

I am interested in cancellation, indeed. And I can join in September-October 2022. 

I really hope you can help either to postpone this subscription until then or make a cancelation at the smallest cost so I don’t have to bear double costs for 9 months now. 

Thank you for your help.

Aziya

Is there anything tele2 can do for aziya @Marciano van Tele2 ? If I understand correctly the number was never ported and other contract has not ended at the date that tele2 thought it would, and now is ending end this year.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey @aziya thanks for your reply and @Shilka thanks for your help and reminder!

I am working on canceling your subscription right now. I will reply later today when everything is done. :blush:

@Marciano van Tele2  and @Shilka , thank you so much! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey @aziya , I just completed the disconnect for you. You will receive a confirmation mail soon. There will be no disconnection fee, but you will receive an invoice this month. When you receive this invoice, let me know. I will compensate the costs, but at this time I don't know how much the total costs will be, so I'll do that at the end of the month. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise I wish you a great weekend and I hope to re-welcome you back in our Tele2 family soon! :blush:

Dear Marciano, 

I just got charged 231.79 euros from my bank account. Could you please help with this?

Aziya

@Marciano van Tele2 zie boven

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Aziya, thanks for coming back to me with this! I hope you’re doing well. 

I was waiting for your message. As I said, I will help you with this. The invoice is too high for me to compensate personally, as you could imagine, but no worries, I already asked the help of my colleague with your situation. He’s not in today, but will be back tomorrow. So, I’m working on it for you and will get back to you as soon as possible (tomorrow). 

For now, I wish you an amazing and sunny day and talk to you soon! 😊

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey @aziya I just fixed the credit for you for €231,79. You should receive an email about this as well. It also says in the mail, but it will take 4-6 weeks before you will receive the money back. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm happy to tell you that everything will be fixed after this. 

Please don't hesitate to tell me if you received the money back in 4-6 weeks and I wish you a great evening! 😄

Hi Marciano,

I am sorry this is my bad, I missed the invoice due to travelling. 

Thank you for your help anyway.  It is okay I can wait:)

Aziya

Hi,

Sorry to bother, but is there any update on this? I still haven’t received anything. 

Thank you1

Aziya

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Aziya, no worries! I hope you had a good time traveling!

I don’t have an update for you, I expect the money back on your account between 28 April and 12 May (probably around 12 May). 😊

Hi! Still haven’t received the money. Yeah a everything okay?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Aziya,

Thanks for messaging me! I expected you to have the money back by now, but I assume everything is still okay. Experience shows that it can always take a bit longer to get your money back when there’s no active subscription anymore. I still see the credit I filled in for you (€ 231,79) in the system. It looks like it’s (almost) ready to deposit, so I want to wait until the end of the month. If you don’t have it back on the 1st of June, I will immediately mail my colleagues about this.

I hope you can stay with me just a little longer! 

Hi,

a kind reminder :)

Hi, 

is everything okay with the money? 🥺

you told me it should be back by June 1st

Aziya

@Marciano van Tele2  Dit gezien?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hey Aziya,

Ah, I wished you would've received the money back by now. I will mail my colleagues about this and I'm going to ask them if they can speed things up for you. When I get an answer from them, you'll be the first one to hear from me!

@WhTurner Thanks voor de tag! 😎

Hi, 

still waiting 😊

@Marciano van Tele2 

Aziya

Reageer