beantwoord

Cancel subscription before end date of contract

• 15 February 2021
  • 10 reacties
  • 2109 x bekeken

Hello everyone,

I have used the unlimited data subscription since July 2020. I bought the package of 24 months, so the contract will end in July 2022. However, i will have to leave the Netherlands in the summer 2021. Is it possible to terminate this 2-year contract after only 1 year of using it? What are the consequences if there are any? Thank you in advance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Cas van Tele2 17 February 2021, 15:23

Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

10 reacties

Reputatie 7

Customer service can help you with this, you’ll have to pay all monthly fees of the coming months at once and pay off the loan for a phone if you chose one.

Customer service can help you with this, you’ll have to pay all monthly fees of the coming months at once and pay off the loan for a phone if you chose one.

ah ok i get it, in my case ill leave for Germany, i can still use the subscription until it ends right? or can i transfer it to someone else here in the netherlands to use it? because as i see i cant change the address to somewhere abroad, and ill have to also return my residence permit in the netherlands.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

No, the subscriptions are mend for the Dutch market. You need a dutch residence adres and if your sim is used more often in the EU than in the Netherlands, a surcharge on usage will be applied. (Part of the roam like home laws)

No, the subscriptions are mend for the Dutch market. You need a dutch residence adres and if your sim is used more often in the EU than in the Netherlands, a surcharge on usage will be applied. (Part of the roam like home laws)

i think with my current subscription, i can call and text unlimited, also 15 gb data monthly within EU. So if i dont use anything outside this amount of data, it is still possible? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

You are allowed to use this per month. But there is still a restriction how long you are allowed to use the data in relation to what you use in the Netherlands.

You are allowed to use this per month. But there is still a restriction how long you are allowed to use the data in relation to what you use in the Netherlands.

okay, thank you very much for the answers. I just have one last question, is it compulsory to have a dutch residence address to be able to continue the current Tele2 subscription? Because i may come back after 1 year or so and want to keep the same number while being abroad.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Yes, you can change your adress, but it needs to be a Dutch adres. Maybe at friends?

Yes, you can change your adress, but it needs to be a Dutch adres. Maybe at friends?

ahhh i understand, so it can just be my current address i guess, i thought i still have to be registered with municipality and all those legal stay stuff and my name has to appear at the address. Even though there has been no mails from Tele2 sent to home actually. Thank you anyway!

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hello @maipham,
Welcome on the Community! I am going to help you immediately with the cancellation of your subscription.

If you move abroad, you may terminate your subscription with us immediately (without compensation for the subscription). However, the device contract, if any, must be redeemed.

The customer has to prove that he is going to emigrate. He has to send us a letter to prove this (by post, to:  Tele2, stating 'Cancellation of membership', Postbus 289, 2400 AG, Alphen a/d Rijn) with one of the following documents:

• Emigration papers
  • Proof of deregistration from your municipality. You can apply for this at the RNI desk (Registration Non-Residents). Click here for more information.
  • Proof of registration at your new municipality
  • Proof of registration at your new university/college

In this case we can stop the service contract free of charge, but we will charge a surrender fee for any phone credit. Only when the credit has been fully redeemed will we proceed with the termination.

A cancellation period of one month is always applicable, also in case of cancellation in connection with emigration.

Hello @maipham,
Welcome on the Community! I am going to help you immediately with the cancellation of your subscription.

If you move abroad, you may terminate your subscription with us immediately (without compensation for the subscription). However, the device contract, if any, must be redeemed.

The customer has to prove that he is going to emigrate. He has to send us a letter to prove this (by post, to:  Tele2, stating 'Cancellation of membership', Postbus 289, 2400 AG, Alphen a/d Rijn) with one of the following documents:

• Emigration papers
  • Proof of deregistration from your municipality. You can apply for this at the RNI desk (Registration Non-Residents). Click here for more information.
  • Proof of registration at your new municipality
  • Proof of registration at your new university/college

In this case we can stop the service contract free of charge, but we will charge a surrender fee for any phone credit. Only when the credit has been fully redeemed will we proceed with the termination.

A cancellation period of one month is always applicable, also in case of cancellation in connection with emigration.

Hello Cas,

The info youve given is really helpful. I didnt purchase any phone together with this subscription, only the unlimited data subscription itself. So i guess it can be terminated without any compensation for the remaining unused period. Thank you very much.

I have 1 question, is the proof of registration at the new university the same as letter of enrolment, as you call “Verklaring van Inschrijving”?