beantwoord

Application rejection for new subscription at Tele 2

• 19 september 2020
  • 10 reacties
  • 177 x bekeken

Hello community, 

I am trying to get a new subscription with Tele 2 but seems I get rejected whatever channel I use. 

I have tried Tele2.nl, belsimpel.nl, mobiel.nl several times. I submitted all required documents including copies of my ID and even proof of my BSN!! Every time Tele2 rejected my application. 

I am an expat which started working in Nederlands for a big pharmaceutical company 2 weeks ago. 

Can someone help me to understand the reason for the rejection? It's my first time in Nederlands and I am coming from a country which is member of EU.

Regards, 

Valentin 

icon

Beste antwoord door Vali529 21 september 2020, 11:47

well… mistery solved...

It looks like for foreigners you need to have minimum 4 months active Dutch account in order to be able to make any kind of subscription.

This policy will keep a lot of customers away...it should be a different way to make sure that they are not scammed by dishonest customers.

Wish it was written clearly somewhere all these conditions to make it clear to people why they get rejected.

Bekijk origineel bericht

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

At Tele2 direct you can only apply with Dutch ID's. Why the retail is rejecting you, you have to ask them. A dutch bankaccount is also needed. A sim only gives better changes than a subscription with a phone loan.

Hi Eric,

Yes I’ve later learned that on Tele 2 website you can apply only with Dutch ID. 

For what regards the retailers , they both said that it’s Tele 2 who’s rejecting me and for privacy reason they are not disclosing the reason. I do have a Dutch bank account as I am legally working in Nederlands and I have all legal papers in order otherwise my hiring company would have not brought me here.. I have a applied for a sim only monthly renewable unlimited subscription. 

It’s a pity that Tele 2 is bluntly rejecting new customers without any clear explanation. I do not mind paying extra for choosing another provider as it is payed by the hiring company, it’s just silly for Tele 2 refusing by default customers based on ... nobody knows which criteria.

Too bad for Tele 2 loosing easy customers with this approach ...

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Indeed Tele2 can’t mention the exact reason, but since they have several checks in place it should be possible to tell which of these checks fails. With that information you can find out what could be the matter. Did the resellers call the Tele2 dealerdesk with this specific question? (Not asking for the reason, but for the sort of check.)

They sent me only this information below:

Helaas is je aanvraag afgewezen door Tele2. Vanwege de mogelijk privacygevoelige informatie krijgen wij bij Mobiel.nl geen reden van afwijzing te horen. Voor meer informatie hierover kun je terecht bij Tele2.

or below:

Waarom is mijn aanvraag geweigerd?
Providers maken gebruik van partijen als ExperianFocumPreventel of het BKR om te kijken of je kredietwaardig bent. Op basis daarvan kan de abonnementsaanvraag afgewezen worden. Details hierover kun je opvragen bij een van deze partijen.

I’ll try again and see how it does today.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

That’s a standard e-mail. Seems they don’t want to put any effort in it when they can’t immediately make a sale, pity. If you didn’t order a phone, it can’t be BKR. Perhaps a Tele2 moderator can find out which of the other checks failed. Moderators will be online again on Monday.

well… mistery solved...

It looks like for foreigners you need to have minimum 4 months active Dutch account in order to be able to make any kind of subscription.

This policy will keep a lot of customers away...it should be a different way to make sure that they are not scammed by dishonest customers.

Wish it was written clearly somewhere all these conditions to make it clear to people why they get rejected.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

It is probably the same with all providers. There is a lot of fraud in Telecom with subscriptions. But prepaid will work for you.

Budget Mobiel accepted my unlimited subscription without any restrictions…

But I do agree, there’s a lot of fraudsters around...

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

That is good news.

You are aware that their unlimited is quite limited in speed? 

'Maximale downloadsnelheid van 5,0 Mbps en uploadsnelheid van 1,0 Mbps.'

For some regular internet browsing and whatsapp it is fine.

Yes but the speed is good enough for now for my work.

Reageer