beantwoord

4G on iphone 5

• 14 June 2018
  • 5 reacties
  • 553 x bekeken

• Aan het warmlopen
  • 2 reacties
Hi, I recently bought a 4G sim only and use it on an IPhone 5. I got an email today that my device does not support 4G, and indeed I have only been recieving 3G so far. But my device does support 4G, I have been using it for 2 years in the UK with a 4G. Do you know why this problem shows up? Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door eric 14 June 2018, 14:22

Bekijk origineel bericht

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
The supported frequenties of a Iphone 5 is not suitable for the Dutch 4G networks.
The Iphone 5S and higher models DO support the 800 Mhz. The only solution for you is to get a phone which is on the Tele2 whitelist. https://www.tele2.nl/lightbox/4g-ready-smartphones/
The supported frequenties of a Iphone 5 is not suitable for the Dutch 4G networks.
The Iphone 5S and higher models DO support the 800 Mhz. The only solution for you is to get a phone which is on the Tele2 whitelist. https://www.tele2.nl/lightbox/4g-ready-smartphones/

Hi, are you sure this is for all Dutch 4G networks? Cause I was using my phone in the Netherlands for a few months as well, roaming via Dutch companies and my 4G was working just fine.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Some Dutch networks use other (higher) frequenties for 4G as well, but that would not lead to a nationwide coverage, the 800 Mhz is used by Vodafone, KPN en Tele2.
Ok, thanks a lot. Problem is no-one told me that when I was buying the sim-card, even though I told them I got iPhone 5.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Unfortunalty, the whitelist is already since 2016 created. This is to help customers to see if they can use the Tele2 4G network and to avoid that Tele2 is paying too much for your subscription as 3G is not their own network.
If you have a subscription that can be ended every month, you can close the contract in one month. If you have a two year contract, you could always upgrade it with a new phone after you have paid two invoices. 4G data and voice phones come from a few euro per month like a Samsung A5 to the full Iphone X for ~35 euro per month..

Reageer