beantwoord

4G in NL 2G or 3G abroad

• 1 april 2018
  • 4 reacties
  • 340 x bekeken

Hello everyone. My apologies for my English but I just moved to the country and I want to ask a question regarding the mobile internet speed while roaming abroad. I have a Tele2 unlimited subscription and very happy when I am in NL. When I travel abroad the internet speed is very slow. I never managed to get 4G speeds. I only get around 6-8 Mbps down and 2-3 up. Is this normal? I have travelled to Belgium, Germany, Poland and Greece. What is wrong? Never had this problem with the subscription I had from another country before I switch to Tele2. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
icon

Beste antwoord door eric 1 april 2018, 15:54

It is easy, Tele2 only has 4G access in countries with their own network. They are a swedisch company, and have networks in Sweden, the baltics, kazachstan , kroatie etc.. in all other countries you can use the 3G networks from the operators in these countries. 6-8 mpbs down is rather normal and you should be able to do all normal things on your smartphone with it.
Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
It is easy, Tele2 only has 4G access in countries with their own network. They are a swedisch company, and have networks in Sweden, the baltics, kazachstan , kroatie etc.. in all other countries you can use the 3G networks from the operators in these countries. 6-8 mpbs down is rather normal and you should be able to do all normal things on your smartphone with it.
So they don't make any deals with other mobile network providers? I think competition will force them do something otherwise I dont see a bright future for Tele2.... Thanks a lot for your answer! That explains the slow speeds.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
If you really want to have 4G access in more countries, there are compatitors with that, but you pay a higher monthly fee than with Tele2. It is good that this is a free market, all consumers can buy the subscription that fit their needs for the price they want to pay. As I am only abroad in one summerholiday month, I do not need that. If you are much more 'out there' you should reconsider. Tele2 has described their offer on the website, but as you are in the Netherlands, it is written in Dutch?. So use Google translate.

Www.tele2.nl/buitenland
Reputatie 2
Hallo,

omdat er niet meer gereageerd wordt, zal ik dit topic sluiten.

Fijne pinksterdagen
Tineke