beantwoord

Help with modem

• 11 April 2019
  • 14 reacties
  • 363 x bekeken

Hoi! Sorry, I need help in english!
So I got my modem for home internet and I got sms that I can install it.
I have the type 2 plug, so when I switch on the modem, the power button remains orange and after 1 minute it twinkles red and then it just remains red all the time! DSL lights doesn’t show nothing. (Tv light twinkles green)
What could be the problem and how should I fix that?
Thanks for any help!
icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 11 April 2019, 18:58

Bekijk origineel bericht

Dit topic is gesloten. Maak een nieuw topic aan als je een vraag hebt.

14 reacties

Can you post pictures how you connected the cable that goes from your Modem to your ISRA point and what colours you used to connect to your ISRA point.
Is that what you asking for?
Yup and you are using the correct wires (red/blue)
Does your adres have a and b numbers, like 12a and 12b?
It looks like an old building, are you sure that it is your ISRA point you connected your Modem to?
Do you have a closet where the electricity and gasmeter are build in, because often that is the place where the ISRA point is.
No I dont have letters. The closet is on first floor and I live on third. I guess it is kinda old building.. But why would we have this four hole plug inside apartment then?
Why its there? (socket on your picture) Phone connection before the time that DSL existed, that is an aducated guess from my part
Ok so when you have the ISRA point on the first floor then there is where the Tele2 Modem should be connected to because the kabel that sits in between the Tele2 Modem and the ISRA point has a restriction of 2 meters.
It is the max that the cable is allowed to be for a good connection (to long isnt good)
Then you have to bridge the 2 floors to recieve a signal, you can use a UTP cable for that or use powerplugs.

But you say you live on the thirt floor then i assume that you live an an apartment with renters beneeth you.
That you are not the uhm lets say the houselord. when that is the case your houselord will know what your sittuation is exactly.
If you can use the socket on your floor etc.
Big thanks for the information! Have a nice evening!
No thanks, hope you get it sorted soon.
And have a nice evening to.
So there are little changes, now the DSL sometimes is green and sometimes yellow, but the power button is red all the time, that everything is still from that plug inside the apartment. And also internet button start to show green. I put photo with what I have down stairs in that closet.. is that the correct plug?
Looks like a coax cable, thats the wrong cable (first pic)
Could be that what you are using now is your ISRA point, did you pull the powerplug yet from the Modem so it will reset itself?
Ok so wifi is working, I guess the power button doesnt mean nothing, just that in instructions i read that must be green.. thanks for everything! 🙂
Great and no thanks.
Reputatie 7
Badge +8
Do you have internet access?
Reputatie 3
Badge +5
Is everything working properly now? We would love to hear from you.

Greetings Anton
Reputatie 3
Badge +5
Since we have not received a response, I have decided to close this topic. You can start a new topic when you are still experiencing a malfunction.

Greetings Anton